Well, at least they're not to blame directly. They should've raised him better.

"What do you want from me?" He asked, his voice trembling and husky.

I raised my brows in surprise.

So I can ask anything?

I would ask for him to not bother Hanon again but-

"Quit your job"

"What!?"

"You heard me"

"I can't do that! I have to live, you know"

"Do I care about that? You'll find another one"

"It's not that easy!"

"Make it work. I really don't care"

"Please" He pleaded, "I will never do anything again"

"That's what you said last time so why should I trust you?"

"Give me a second chance, please!"

"No second chances. If I find out you're still working here, I won't hesitate to pay you a visit again"

"What if I make sure Hanon never sees me again? I'll change my work schedule. Please!"

"You'll do what I said. No buts"

"Hanon wouldn't like what you're doing right now" He tried to convince me, crossing his arms.

I couldn't help but laugh.

Of course, a kind and sweet person like Hanon wouldn't want someone getting hurt because of her.

But Hanon is way too good.

"Your dirty mouth doesn't deserve to utter her name. I should just cut your tongue right off"

"You're a fucking psycho dude, let me go!"

"You're being so loud. It's really making me want to do it"

He was about to yell again, but stopped himself.

"Please, I'll never have to see her again. She'll never see me. It won't be any different than quitting"

I sighed getting tired of his stupid logic.

"You don't understand. Hanon almost lost her job because of a cruel, ungrateful, shitty person like you decided to frame her" I pointed at him digging my finger into his chest and he flinched, "You, a piece of shit, get to keep the job, even get praised, while she, an innocent person, was humiliated, bullied and almost fired because of you"

"I didn't mean-"

"So no. You don't get to keep the job that you almost took from an innocent person who desperately needs it. You don't deserve it"

He stayed silent and bowed his head.

"Now you're silent? Open your dirty mouth and talk right now. Do you understand my conditions?"

"Please. Please let me keep the job. I'll do anything in return"

I was about to say no, but a thought came to my mind.

"Anything?"

"Yes!" He exclaimed desperately.

"Okay. You can keep your job"

"Yes, thank you" He smiled hopefully. 

"But you'll say sorry to Hanon, ask her if she wants you to quit or change schedule. You'll do as she says"

"What, but you said-"

"Hanon is too good so she'll just forgive you and let you keep the job"

"That's all?"

"For now"

"Thank you" He mumbled.

"Save it for Hanon when she lets you keep the job. Now, I'll be on my way and I don't want you to mention this meeting to anyone"

"Yes, of course"

I smiled, "Glad we had this talk"

I turned and left hearing a sigh of relief coming from him.

________

"I'm so glad I got to keep the job!" Hanon smiled and put her hands on her cheeks. as she sat on my lap.

How is she so adorable?

"I can't believe I got this lucky. Kai, I'm so happy"

"What did this guy tell you this time?"

"He said sorry. He even asked me if I wanted him to quit because of what he did but of course I told him that he didn't have to. I think he's not well mentally. Maybe he's going through something"

"That's an explanation not an excuse for everything he's done"

"It's okay. It doesn't matter now. Unless he causes any other problems"

I chuckled recalling his trembling hands and fearful face, "Don't worry. I'm sure he won't"

"Hey, did you go to your room last night? It was cold and I woke up and you weren't there, but I didn't want to bother you so I went back to sleep"

I was surprised but I hid my expression.

It's good she didn't try to get out. I would have to come up with an excuse for the locked door.

"I went to the bathroom at some point"

She chuckled and played it cool, but her face was red, "Oh, I guess I'm too used to sleeping with you"

And you should be. I'll always be by your side.

"I don't mind that" I smiled and hugged her waist.

She leaned her head back on my chest and looked up at me, "I'm happy, Kai"

Don't look up at me like this. Please. How can I stay put when you look at me like this?

"I'm happy too" I whispered.

________

"Kai?" She called my name making me look up.

I hummed in reply.

"Can you promise me one thing?" She asked hesitantly.

"Yes. Anything" I replied urgently.

Really. Anything you want, I'll do it.

Even if you hurt me it wouldn't matter because it's you.

"Don't leave me" She mumbled squirming.

I chuckled, "I should be the one asking you that. I will never ever leave you, Hanon. You'd have to throw me away for me to leave you and even then I wouldn't know what to do without you" I said sincerely.

Her expression softened and her lips formed a small smile, "Promise?" She asked holding out her pinky.

I looked at it in confusion.

What do I do with it?

"You do this" She said taking my hand and wrapping her pinky around mine, "It's called a pinky promise. It's supposed to be unbreakable"

"Oh! Then, yes, I pinky promise" I said and tightened my pinky around hers.

She smiled brightly and then leaned in to hug me, "Thank you, Kai"

That was the first promise I ever made to her.

My heart was beating very loudly as I held her in my arms and I promised to myself as well that I would never leave. Leaving her would be like leaving my hapiness and my peace.