Sweet Whispers

Kai

We had just gotten back from the beach.

I wouldn't even be able to describe how happy I was if I had to. Her taking me somewhere special to her even though she was tired. Getting to learn something probably no one else does about her. Getting to hold her in my arms in the water and see her flushed face.

Everything was just so perfect.

"Come here" I told her patting my lap. She sat on my lap and we sat there in front of the mirror. I took her brush and her towel and started drying and brushing her silky hair gently.

She had just showered and her hair was still wet and I could smell her shampoo. We had to wash ourselves again after swimming so she had to wash her hair too this time.

Hanon didn't have a hair dryer. She didn't want to spend money on that because she thought it wasn't a need. She just let it dry overnight.

But I never wanted her to go to sleep with wet hair because I knew she would have a headache in the morning so I always dried it for her as much as I could with towels even when she insisted I don't

It took a long time since her hair was so long, but I liked it. Loved it even I loved anything that had to do with Hanon. Sometimes, she would fall asleep on me while I was doing it.

Like now.

I looked at her through the mirror in front of us. She looked beautiful like even sleeping. Her head was leaning back on my chest and her pretty lips were slightly parted.

After about half an hour of drying and brushing her hair I was done. I leaned in and kissed her forehead, "My sweet Hanon. One day you'll have everything you want. Even the things you say are not needed. Even the things you could never imagine yourself having"

Hanon thought I didn't know anything about her aunt and why she had to work, but I did. I knew why she didn't eat a lot, especially meat, why she didn't like to keep the lights on at night even though she was scared of the dark. Why she sometimes "likes to light candles" instead of keeping the lights on because it's "relaxing"

I knew all about it and it made me feel useless.

I tucked her into her bed and sat beside her stroking her hair.

"Kai?" She mumbled, slightly opening her eyes.

"I'm right here" I reassured her.

"Did I fall asleep again?"

"Yes, don't worry. Just go to sleep, okay?"

"You'll stay here?" She asked cutely. She was cute even half asleep.

I smiled, "I'll stay here"

She rolled over and made room for me to lie down next to her and I happily did. She, then, snuggled up against me and sighed.

You're killing me.

I tightened my arms around her and lightly kissed her forehead. Her head was on my neck and her lips were touching it. It made me get weird tingles all over.

"Kai"

"Yes, my Hanon?"

"Thank you for tonight. I loved everything"

"I should be thanking you" I chuckled.

You were tired after work and still, you did what I asked.

Only because I asked.

"I hope my wish comes true" She mumbled.

I kissed her forehead and tightened my arms around her, "I hope your wish comes true as well"