Pretty

Hanon

"Hanon, come on. I really want to talk to you" Isaac insisted as I was cleaning the last thing I needed to clean during my shift.

I ignored him once again.

He kept bothering me during the day. Asking me to talk, to explain why he lied.

I really didn't care. I wasn't even mad, I just didn't care and talking about something irrelevant was annoying.

"Please, Hanon"

"You are annoying me"

It was one of the few times I was rude to someone, but in my opinion, I wasn't even being rude, I was being honest.

"Just let me explain once and then you can ignore me again"

I was so glad my shift had just ended.

"Bye Isaac" I said and took my things, ready to leave.

"Hanon" He called my name and caught my wrist, stopping me, "Stop being so rude. Since when are you like this?"

"Since you started ignoring my boundaries and lying"

"You don't say a word when Cameron literally abuses you and when I say something because I like you, I'm the bad guy?"

I took a deep breath, "I try being nice to Cameron because we work together and I don't want to upset our customers. I tried ignoring you today for the same reason, but you kept pestering me about it"

"So let me explain"

"I want to go home, Isaac" I told him, slowly and pulled my hand away from his grip.

"What about tomorrow?"

I had already turned around by then and without looking at him I answered, "Sure" and went on my way.

I rolled my eyes as I heard him say goodbye.

He is very annoying.

But now that I was away from him, I could calm down.

Yes, once I get off this dirty bus and go home and take a shower everthing will be right again.

And of course, see Kai.

Kai always tries to hug me right after I get home, but I don't want him to. I feel dirty. The bus, my workplace, the people. Everything is dirty. It's like I think it's going to taint him.

Maybe it was one of the reasons why I didn't want him to get a job, but I would never admit that, not even to myself.

I got home and like always, Kai was there, waiting for me.

"You're back" He gave me a breathtaking smile.

"Yes, let me take a shower and I'll be right back"

After I took a shower and put clean clothes on, Kai finally hugged me.

Yes, now everything is right. I feel so safe in his arms.

"How was work?" He asked as we sat and ate in the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance recalling Isaac's begging to talk to me.

"What is it?" He asked gently putting his palm on my cheek.

"Isaac, the guy who lied-"

"Yes, what about him?"

He seemed urgent to know and his palm on my cheek felt tense. His face wasn't joyful anymore like when I walked in. It was tense and worried.