I Hate Him

Hanon

(QUICK AN: THE SECURITY GUYS NAME IS PAUL EVEN IN THE ORIGINAL IDK WHY I WROTE BEN I WAS HALF ASLEEP T_T. I changed it back to paul so yeah I just wanted to let you know.)

When Kai left, I couldn't bring myself to move at first. I sat on the floor, staring at the wall and thinking.

Why?

At first, I thought he would do something stupid that had to do with his father. That thought gave me relief.

But then, I thought, why did he act so mean and indifferent? Why couldn't he tell me?

My insecurities took over. I thought that it had something to do with me. I was blinded by rage and disappointment, so I couldn't see the reason that was right in front of me. I knew Kai. I knew Kai wouldn't do this to me.

I went to work that day. I would tell Cameron about it. Maybe he said something to him, or maybe he knew something.

But when I went to work that day, Cameron wasn't there.

"Where's Cam?" I asked a coworker. My shift was now with her, instead of Cameron.

"He changed his schedule, and mine is flexible, so I agreed to take his place" She smiled at me.

"Oh, do you know when he works?"

"If he works my previous shift then, probably tomorrow morning"

"Thank you" I forced a smile.

She was a nice girl, a year younger than me, so I didn't want to show how panicked I was inside. Instead, I tried to make it comfortable for her.

So I worked through my shift with a tight feeling in my chest and a lump in my throat, waiting desperately to leave this place.

When I went home, I glanced at the kitchen. The glass shards were still there. I didn't want to touch them or clean it up and I didn't even know why.

I took a shower as usual and went to my room. I never stopped thinking about Kai. It never actually hit me until I stepped into my room. My head was much clearer now, and I could actually think.

He came into my room before he left and nothing seemed to be missing, but there was something that had been misplaced. 

_______

"Cameron" I called his name, walking towards the counter.

I had decided to pay him a visit while he was working. 

He turned around in surprise and looked at me with wide eyes.

I smiled at him, "Long time no see"

"Hanon? What are you doing here? I'm pretty sure you don't work at this hour-"

"Of course you would know that. You rearranged your schedule so that you wouldn't see me"

"I-no I didn't, I just-"

"Why do you seem so nervous?" I leaned closer to him, "Is it because of what you did?"

"What I did" He looked as if he had seen a ghost and his voice sounded small.

"What you did to me. Why did you do that, Cam?"

"I didn't do anything"

"Kai left". He tried to act surprised, but I now knew better than that, "But you know that already"

"No. I don't"

"You should learn to lie better now that you're getting paid for it"

He sighed and looked up, murmuring something to himself.