Cunning

Kai

I waited, standing in her room.

Don't come here please. If you see me like this, it will make it worse.

A few seconds passed, and I was still alone, so I let my emotions take over me. I almost cried, but the fear of her catching me like this made me hold it.

As always, I could smell her scent in this room. I knew would miss her sweet scent so much. 

I'm not proud of what I did, but I put some of her scented lotion in a small container to have with me for when I would miss her too much. At least that, if I closed my eyes, I would at least have her scent. I had also taken some of our photos that I kept in my room.

Stealing some of her lotion was so shameless and creepy, but I didn't think I would survive if I didn't have something of hers. I would go crazy and think that she was just a dream to escape the cruel reality.

I stayed in that room for a few minutes. I was surprised that she hadn't come to look for me yet.

I put it all in a backpack that I had and went back to the living room where Hanon was. She was leaning on the wall near the door.

I didn't know what to say. I couldn't say anything that I wanted.

That I miss her already. That I love her. That I don't want to go, but if I don't, they will hurt her.

That I want to tell her, but I can't because I can't risk her trying to help me and getting hurt.

I cleared my throat, "I'll leave now"

She looked up at me. Her face was red from crying, but other than that, it seemed numb. Empty.  Her hands were still cut and I was worried sick that something would happen to her while I was gone.

My poor Hanon.

The sight was breaking my heart.

I opened the door and she watched as I left.

That was all.

No goodbye. No 'stay here'. Nothing.

I was actually thankful. It made this impossibly hard task easier.

I calmed myself down and then headed to the meeting spot. 

_________

Cameron and I were supposed to act normally. I knew there were people watching and listening to us, so we agreed to talk about random stuff and act like I didn't know what would happen.

"Why are we here?" I asked him.

"Shit, I have no idea. We must've gotten carried away while we were walking"

"What!? You mean we're lost? You led me here!" I acted angry.

In fact, the place looked very suspicious and was very secluded. How dumb were they?

"I'm sorry, I didn't know I was heading that way, I must've taken a wrong turn-"

Cameron was interrupted by the sound of footsteps.

"Good job, Cameron" A male voice was heard.

I looked towards the direction where the voice was coming from and saw a man in a suit with some other guys surrounding him. The man was blond with long hair. He seemed older than me, but not too old. The guys behind him were the typical body guards.

I didn't know this guy, but he was probably sent by my father.

"Hello, Mr Huxley" He smiled, "I am very happy to finally meet you"