Don't Want Me There

Kai

"Kai"

Hanon jumped into my arms the moment she closed the door and spotted me. I was worried because she didn't look happy to see me. It was more like relief.

"What is it? What happened?" I asked holding her shoulders and pulling her back to see her face.

Her eyes were watery and she looked so anxious.

"Kai, something happened. Isaac knows about you and Cameron and what you're doing"

"What?"

How does she know that?

"Don't ask how I know. Basically, I overheard Isaac threatening Cameron outside the café"

"Did he tell him anything?"

"No, he didn't have time. I pretended to look for him and called his name and Isaac left"

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Well, now we know he definitely has something to do with us"

"What do we do?" She asked with teary wide eyes.

"We can't do anything. We can just wait and be careful. I'll cut all contact with Cameron and stay inside the house. Tell him to stop whatever he's doing and act normal for now"

My voice was calm because I didn't want her to stress about it. She already had enough to worry about.

"What do you mean we can't do anything? We can't just let it go like this"

No matter the tears on her face, her expression didn't look sad. She seemed panicked and I hated that.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked gently and put my palm against her cheek.

"I don't know"

"Nothing will happen to you, don't worry"

"Me. Nothing will happen to me, but what about you?"

I was taken aback. All this time I thought she was just scared that something would happen to her.

Ah, I should've known since my Hanon is so selfless

I couldn't hold back my smile.

How crazy to smile in a situation like this, only because she cares about me.

"Don't smile. It's serious!" She snapped at me.

But my smile only grew wider and I put my palm against my lips to hide it, "I'm sorry" I mumbled.

"I don't want to lose you"

Her words made me feel so euphoric that I felt dizzy.

"You won't" I soothed her.

"I'm scared" She said and hugged me.

I might just faint.

I held her closer to me, tightened my grip on her. I sat down on the couch behind us and let her straddle me.

"Don't leave me" She whispered in my ear.

God, Hanon, don't you know what you're doing?

"I won't" I stuttered feeling flustered.

She pulled back and looked at me. I bowed my head, embarrassed about how flustered I probably looked.

She cupped my face and pecked my lips.

"I'm scared I don't want to just wait and see what he does next" She mumbled.

"What do you want me to do? Tell me and I'll do it" I was so captivated by her at that moment, I could do anything.