Delusion

Kai

Hanon's been working too much these days.

I could only see her when she came back at night and she fell asleep almost immediately from how tired she was. I also saw her in the morning but only to eat breakfast and that was when she wasn't running late.

I felt deprived.

I just wanted to spend a whole day with her.

No, that won't be enough. Maybe a whole month. Or year.

Actually, I wished I could spend my whole life just being with her all day. Then maybe I could get my fill of her.

"Hanon" I mumbled her name as I saw her dozing off once again.

"Huh?" She shook her head and woke up.

"Hanon" I called her name more clearly.

She looked at me with a frown and tilted her head, "What is it?"

"You're so tired these days"

"Oh, I'm sorry Kai-"

"No, what I mean is you need to rest, Hanon"

"Oh? No, it's fine I've just been helping out my coworkers a bit"

When are you going to stop lying to me?

"It's taking a lot out of you, Hanon. Can't you get a day off? You used to have two days off every week"

She looked down with a sad expression, "I didn't realize I was getting too tired. You're right, I should stop working over time for some days"

"How about you take tomorrow off? We can stay home all day and cuddle, nap, watch TV, or we can go out if you want, but It would be better if you rested a little"

"I can't take tomorrow off because I didn't let them know earlier, but I can take the day after off"

I was a little disappointed and impatient, but I smiled and nodded.

"Good, now sleep" I kissed her forehead and stroked her head.

_________

The door opened and this time, I didn't have the time to hug her, because she ran straight at me and tackled me.

Thankfully I caught her and she wrapped her legs around my waist.

"Now we can have a whole day together again" She chuckled.

Her body touching mine, her warmth, her angelic voice with her lips so close to my skin and her soft scent were all making me weak in the knees and I was afraid I would fall and drop her.

I gulped nervously, "Yes"

She pulled away a bit to look at me, with her arms around my neck and her legs still around my waist, "Are you happy?" She asked with an excited smile.

Her smile could make anyone dizzy. I was sure it wasn't just me. How could anyone find this anything less than breathtaking?

"Very"

"Me too!" She exclaimed and hugged me again.

"Let's go have dinner, yes?" I suggested and she nodded.

"How about we go downtown for a walk after we're done eating?"

I was so happy that I couldn't be sure that wasn't a dream, but I went along with it because I was so desperate for a little time with her that I would take the dream.

"To the kitchen" She ordered jokingly and pointed at the kitchen.

I laughed and carried her all the way there before setting her on the chair.