Hypnotized

Hanon

"Hanon" He breathed out. He walked in smiling but as soon as he saw me that smile was gone.

"Where were you?" I asked once again.

I was losing my mind over this. I had a panic attack when I woke up and didn't find him after knowing about Isaac.

"Have you been crying?" He asked, coming closer.

"Where were you?" I asked again, more firmly.

"I was-I thought I heard something-"

"Stop lying"

"Hanon, please can we talk about it later?"

"So you can have time to find a new ridiculous excuse? No"

He paused for a few seconds, never taking his eyes off me, "I was trying to fix it"

"Fix what?"

"I told you to trust me. I was trying  to find out more-"

"Kai, what did you do?" I asked, terrified of what the answer could be.

My mind was making up scenarios that I couldn't even explain.

"I asked you to trust me. Don't you trust me, Hanon?"

The truth was no, I couldn't trust him because he didn't know better. He didn't know because I had kept him in the dark about the world just like all the other people in his life.

Maybe I am the same as them.

But I only did it because I didn't want him to get hurt anymore. He needed a break.

"Please, trust me. I didn't do anything dangerous"

His eyes were pleading for me to trust him. He looked desperate, but as much as I wanted to, I couldn't. I was scared.

"Please" He mumbled one last time.

With a face so desperate, I had no choice but to let it go. I didn't want to be mad at him either.

"Okay"

He let out a sigh of relief and his lips formed a subtle smile, "Thank you. I will go take a shower and I'll be right back. You can go to bed"

I nodded, "I'll wait for you"

He rushed to the bathroom and I went back to the bed worried to death.

What was he doing that late at night? Behind my back? What could he possibly do that could "fix it"? We were alone in the world, so if I wasn't involved then who was? Did he think he could do this alone?

Why, Kai?

I frowned and felt tears coming to my eyes, but I held them back. I was so worried that he was overestimating his abilities or that he was underestimating the problem.

What if something happens to him?

Before I could think of anything else, he came inside and got under the covers with me.

"Hi" He whispered as he looked at me. It was dark, the only light was the moonlight that was coming through the window.

I realized I usually get scared in the dark when I'm alone, but this time I didn't. I was more scared of what could happen to Kai.

"Hi" I said back.

"I'm sorry"

"Please, tell me what you were doing" I tried one last time.

"Hanon, you don't need to worry" He pushed a stray strand of hair behind my ear. 

"But I do worry"