"The Hunter." He mutters lowly—turning to see the dragon's sharp-toothed grin as he nodded.

"That's means—" "She can lead us the hell out of here." Bakugo suddenly shoved the leaf in the redheads face, attempting to force him to smell the disgusting blood.

And after a few moments of struggle from the redhead—the barbarian huffed in annoyance "Hurry up and get the scent already, we need to get out of these damn woods."

His demands were fulfilled when Kirishima finally bat his hand away—an almost offended expression dancing across his features while the ash blonde hauled him back to his feet.

"Which direction?" He wonders, watching as Kirishima silently pointed off the side before they ventured off—following the blood from the wound the dragon had accidentally created earlier.

Following the Hunter.

"Guess your shitty nose can come in handy sometimes." Bakugo huffed as he dragged the dragon and after a few seconds of silent arguments, Kirishima grumbled "Someone's being extra moody today."

"That's what you get for being so damn heavy." The ash blonde retorted and for a moment, the dragon contemplated just letting himself bleed out.

"Only because of you, Prince." Once more, a smile found its way onto the dragons feature's when the barbarian scowled at the title.

—First Person POV.—

My attention moves back to the dragon sitting on the opposite side of me and upon making eye contact—his crimson gaze flickers towards my forearm, knowingly.

"How's it healing?" The dragon questions and my heart jumps, already uneasy and spiking with dread from the situation I had managed to find myself in.

"What?" I blink in confusion.

"The cuts, how are they healing?" He repeats, sneaking a glance towards my arm and causing me to follow his gaze fleetingly before focusing back on him.

'What the heck.'

"..They were pretty deep but they're healing," I assure the so-far polite guy—my grip on the tankard's handle subconsciously tightening as I tried to calm the anxiety bubbling in my chest.

"Sorry," He pauses for a moment, almost as if he was calculating his next few words "I didn't mean to grab you so hard." The hybrid explains, lifting a hand to rub at the back of his neck in embarrassment.

"Apology accepted," I mutter awkwardly before tilting my head back to take a swig from my drink.

Upon hearing my words, his eyes seem to light up slightly—a smile making its way into his features as he watches me set my tankard back onto the counter "So," I start, eyeing the liquid left within.

"I assume you didn't come back to just apologize, right?" I wonder—nearly jolting out of my skin when the ash blonde guy suddenly speaks up beside me.

"No, we didn't." He states, tone rough like before and capturing my attention with ease "We came back for the Hunter." He answers before I could ask and my heart drops for the hundredth time.

My head is tilted in his direction and he glances at me from the corner of his eye, his gaze a permanent glare—the redhead opposite of me clasps a hand onto my bicep, grip gentle and feather-like compared to when he grabbed me in the Arz.

"Not in a bad way!" He quickly reassures, trying to ease the tension that has filled the air "We just need to talk with you, Ms. Hunter—" My free hand immediately flew up to cover his mouth and his eyes widened in shock from my action.

"Shh!" I hurriedly hush him before glancing around and after seeing no sign that any one had heard him—I remove my hand "Don't mention that title when you're with me." I command and he nods in understanding.

Finally, I let out a sigh before leaning forward and propping my elbows up onto the countertop "You're not bounty hunters, are you?" I ask, letting my eyes flicker in the ash blondes direction.

"Hell no." He states and I nod again—something in how quickly he responded assured me he was telling the truth "Then, what do you need with the Hunter?" I wonder, looking between the two now.

As I waited for the answer, the two exchanged a glance—seemingly having a silent argument between their crimson looks before the ash blonde huffed and turned away.

Irritation practically radiated from his being and I raised an eyebrow towards his attitude "We need your help." The dragon states, causing me to tilt my head at his words "With what?"

"You're the only person that can navigate through the forbidden woods," He explains briefly while I nod in confirmation and he takes that as his sign to continue "We're trying to find an artifact."

"An artifact? What kind of artifact?" I echo his words, now leaning forward with curiosity "The kind that'll help save Bakugo's people." He answers and his tone softens as he glances to the man beside me.

"His people.." I say and the ash blonde seems to grow tired of my two-worded responses "The Barbaric tribes. Look, are you going to help or not?" He glares with annoyance on his tongue.

I blink at that.

"How will this.. artifact, help his people?" I turn back to the dragon and his gaze casts downwards, a somber tone filling his words "A disease has been spreading throughout the tribes." He pauses, sending another glance to the ash blonde.

"It.. Takes away their abilities, their powers." He explains lowly "And when some news got out that the tribes were weakening with the disease, a war was said to come soon."

I watch as he clenches his jaw, reaching out to graze his fingertips against my arm again before finally meeting my gaze with his own pleading one.

"Please, the barbarians have a lot of enemies and if they band together—" He pauses again but I don't need him to continue—I already have an idea of what he's insinuating.

I watch him for a moment.

Before my grip on the handle of my tankard relaxes and I clear my throat, catching the ash blondes eyes on me from the corner of my vision.

"Give me some time to think," I start, lightly easing the tension from the air with my words "I promise to have an answer after my shift ends, okay?" I add and he immediately nods.

"Meet me on the balcony at the top of the tavern, that is were my room is so just wait there until I can come up to open it." I explain, briefly nodding my head upwards in correlation with my explanation.

"How do we know you won't just book it the moment we leave?" The gruff voice of— Bakugo, points out, causing me to glance his way again.

His brows are furrowed but his eyes have softened from its original glare—appearing more confused than ever at the fact I'm even considering helping them.

I smile and offer a shrug "I won't— So for the time being, you both will just have to trust me." I comment and tilt my head back to finish off the rest of my drink.