Chapter Nineteen

—First Person POV.—

Looking over the creatures body, I watch as Kirishima tilts his head down at the Nomu "So this is it?" He wonders and I nod in confirmation.

"Yep, I've never really seen one like this one before though." I reply without much thought and Bakugo shifts his grip on me—his hands slipping from beneath my legs and leaning forward to let me stand.

I glance up to see those scarlet eyes not even looking my way as he does this, his gaze fixated on the lifeless monster splayed in its own pool of blood a few feet away.

And without much question, I oblige to his silent demand—allowing my shoes to land lightly on the grass below before the Barbarian gives me a moment to steady myself.

"This one's different?"

I probably wouldn't have noticed Kirishima was talking to me if I hadn't glanced up, seeing his wings folded against his back as he crouches a few feet in front of us.

The redhead is completely oblivious to Bakugo's short action and has to do a double take when the ash-blonde trots past him.

Dusting myself off slightly, I can't help but smile towards the Hybrids reaction—his head tilting back to glance at me for a second as I nod, now trotting closer to answer his previous question.

"Look at its brain, only a small portion is sticking out of the skull— Unlike most Nomu I've seen," I point a finger at the back of the creatures head and Bakugo leans down, grabbing onto the hilt sticking out of its skull.

With a harsh tug, he racks his shoulder back—yanking the sword from it body and spouting some extra blood from the opening in the corpses head.

My face scrunches with the slushing sound the large eyeball produces but I clear my throat and continue by stepping closer to the Barbarian—my body moving to crouch in front of the head.

"And the eye— The ability, to be more exact, it seems way too similar to a.." My voice trails off with the name "Cyclops," Bakugo thankfully answers for me, causing my eyes to glance his way as I offered a nod in agreement.

"That's how you knew to aim for the eye."

He flicks his sword to the side, briefly removing the excess undried blood along the weapon before reaching into his pocket and pulling a cloth out—his hand now grazing over and cleaning the drenched blade.

"So what you're saying is that this was a Cyclops," Kirishima starts, his body standing back up to his full height as he gazes at me with furrowed brows "That was turned into a Nomu? How does that even work?"

He's confused, I'm confused— Heck, I'm willing to even bet that Bakugo is confused with the way he isn't answering at the moment.

"I don't know," I start, breathing a sigh as the slick sound of a blade returning to its sheathe slides through the air.

The Barbarian doesn't bother offering any of his input on the information—instead he retrieves his second sword from the corpse before repeating the same cleaning process and putting the blade away.

When he's done, he looks to me, the constant glare in his scarlet gaze causing me to turn my attention away from the creatures eyeball as I stood.

My legs stretch with the movement, glad to finally be moving again as Bakugo crosses his arms over his bare chest "Who cares, let's just hurry up and get moving again." His command slips out quickly.

I wish to decline, the curious side of me wanting to stay and look into what exactly happened to this Cyclops-like Nomu—but then I catch a glimpse of Kirishima in the corner of my eye.