Chapter Fifty

(The steampunk au lowkey has me by the throat atm) LOOK AT THEM❤️))

—First Person POV.—

Birds chirp idly against my ears, casting their shadows over my body as they fly overhead and disappear out of view due to the thick trees surrounding the wagon.

I suck in a breath when a sharp pain shoots through my stomach and I have to bite my lip—bearing the hunger.

They haven't fed me, so I've stuck to trying to sleep as much as possible in hopes I can conserve my energy.

It's been three days.

Or more specifically, two nights and halfway through the third day. I'm not sure where we are anymore but ever since the Mage started ignoring me, my attempts at annoying him to let me go have dwindled.

The suns rays peak through the leaves above, gently flickering over my skin and easing the headache slowly growing in my temples.

I let out a sigh, leaning my head back against the wall and closing my eyes as I hug my cloak around my body—basking in the safety the dark cloth provides and attempting to doze off once more.

Sadly, it isn't that easy since I actually just woke up.

The wagon jolts me to the side and I have to catch myself with a huff, causing one of the men walking alongside my cage to glance my way.

I believe he's some type of reptilian Kobold with bright green scales for skin and a face shaped like that of a lizard—his hair is relatively long and swept backward and is a desaturated pinkish purple in color.

"When's the last time you've fed the Hunter?" The man calls to the Mage driving the wagon, briefly ignoring my presence as his strides speed up slightly.

"Haven't fed her." Is his answer, disinterest plaguing the black-haired man and causing the lizards brows seem to furrow beneath the mask made of a long, tattered strip of cloth.

Spinners eyes widen in surprise "We're supposed to be keeping her alive, there's no sense if she dies of starvation before we collect the bounty!" He scolds and a huff of annoyance escapes the Mage.

They started to bicker and only come to a stop when Dabi groans in irritation "Stop nagging me, if you want to feed her, do it."

The Kobolds eyes flicker over to me, still clearly agitated by the Mage but otherwise falling silent as the group continued on through the forest—heading off and only coming to a stop when night started to rise.

My eyes cast upwards towards the moon, taking in the dim light through the mass of trees and curling up on my side.

Keeping my cloak draped over my form, I could hear the large group coming together to set up camp all around me.