Chapter Eleven

—Third Person POV.—

It had taken a bit longer to find a river than the Dragon had imagined—but after doing so, he did as the ash-blonde instructed and refilled their canteens.

Afterwards, he took notice of the dimming colors painting over the horizon above, his steps speeding up a bit as he traversed through the dark woods.

With a light hum brushing through his lips, the redhead's wings stayed folded comfortably against his back—his crimson gaze idly flickering up to take in the darkening sky.

For a moment, his steps slowed—the canvas of red and oranges causing a pain of longing to creep into his chest.

And just as quickly as he had slowed, the Dragon cleared his throat, tearing his eyes away from the sky above as he continued walking—making his way back towards the camp they had set up earlier.

The soft grass below makes his footsteps nearly silent as he grew closer, the campfire set up before now casting light along the tree surrounding the site.

But one thing that confused him was the two large shadows overtaking the trees around—his crimson gaze soon catching sight of the two people he had originally been traveling with.

Sitting directly next to each other next to the fire.

Coming to a stop at the surrounding bushes, the redhead's surprised eyes stared in shock as the two conversed.

(Y/n) was sitting closely to the ash blonde, asking him a bunch of questions—her voice going on and on before pausing so Bakugo could answer afterwards.

—First Person POV.—

Ever since Bakugo fixed me up, I had been bombarding the ash-blonde with questions, my mind still not being able to wrap around just with how knowledgeable he actually is.

And oddly enough, he just let me ask away, albeit the majority of his answers are laced with swears—I was actually, kind of, holding a conversation with him.

We now sat near the fire, Bakugo claiming he needed to make sure we kept the flames bright for the 'Shitty-lizard' to see and be able to return to.

It really doesn't take a genius to know who he had been referring too—I couldn't help but chuckle towards the nickname, following after him without much thought and plopping beside him when he sat.

Now, looking over the Barbarians shoulder, I watched as he used a stick to prod at the firewood below—red eyes casted downwards.

To the naked eye, it probably looked like he was ignoring me "So why did you wrap it around my palm? Only my forearm needed the bandages right?" I wonder, curiously leaning over him slightly.

When he glances back to me, I lift my bandaged hand to point at the gauze looping across my palm "Wrapping it through your fingers and on your hand will help keep it from slipping down when you move around and shit." He explains.

"Huh, really?? I didn't think of that—" I blink in bewilderment, taking a moment to look down at my own hand as I clench and unclenched my fist.

"What kind of herbs did that witch you mention use? Maybe we can find some in the forest!" I point out, hearing the ash-blonde let out a grumble.

"I'm starting to regret fucking helping you." He mutters and I deadpan—before suddenly perking up as a new question blinked to life in my mind.

"Wait, now that I think of it— Why did you help me?" I ask, tilting my head in questioning as I watched the Barbarian for his answer.

He doesn't speak, a glare flashing across his features as he swiftly glanced up and past the flames.