Chapter Five

—Third Person POV.—

After briefly putting a pause during their talk with the 'hunter,' the two stepped out from the warm and loud inside of the tavern, just to be met with the cooled wind of the night.

The grass crunched quietly as their sets of footsteps wandered around the side of the tavern, both minds recalling her instructions on were to meet her when her shift meets its end.

Seeing no sign of a balcony, the girl had asked them to look for, the two ventured towards the back of the tavern instead--crimson gazes immediately catching sight of the platform high up near the top of the roof's slanted side.

A relieved sigh fell from the redheads lips "For a second I almost thought we got tricked," He let out a slight chuckle while the Bakugo just rolls his eyes.

"If we did, it would've been your fault Shitty scales." He briefly claims, nonchalantly walking off so he could stand beneath the ledge that led to the roof and leaving the dragon with an offended expression on his features.

"How would it be my fault??" He huffed after the ash blonde--who in turn, ignored the dragons question towards his comment.

Instead, he signaled for Kirishima to come closer.

The dragon immediately obliged and approached Bakugo but his voice kept questioning what the ash-blonde meant by it being 'his fault.'

"Just shut up and get your scaly ass up there." Bakugo finally snapped, crouching down on one of his knees so he could boost the redhead up and onto the ledge.

Finally, the dragon grumbled but let the air fall silent as he came to a stop and briefly placed his hands on the shorter man's shoulders--easily setting his foot onto the ash-blondes locked hands and jumping when Bakugo lifted him upwards.

His head had been tilted upwards so when he jumped, he easily grabbed onto the roof's side and hoisted his upper body onto it.

"Got it?" Not even a few seconds later does Bakugo call up, earning a short huff as an answer from the dragon before his wings opened up and flapped a few times—boosting the rest of his body onto the ledge.

"Got it." He finally replied, letting his grip on one the tiles loosen slightly—until he felt a sudden yank of his tail and a weight dragged him backwards.

A yelp of surprise escaped the dragon when he nearly slid right off the side of the roof—his hands and claws hardening to a point as they dug into the tiles below.

The instinctual action had saved him from flinging off as the Barbarian climbed up as well, his hands briefly letting go of the thick tail to grab onto the ledge and pull himself up.

Unhooking his hands from the poor abused roof—Kirishima's thinly slitted eyes stared down at the scraped up roof tiles and huge claw marks left behind from his panic.

His pupils relaxed back to their normal state as he turned to the Barbarian, brows furrowed and eyes wide "Come on, you need to warn me man!" He scolds—immediately earning a scoff from the ash-blonde.

"I did warn you!" Bakugo claims.

"No you didn't!" The dragon is quick to shoot back—causing the ash-blonde to roll his eyes as he starts climbing further up the roof.

"Why did you even do that—I would've helped you up after!" Kirishima continues as he follows after him, his wings folding against his back as he moves.

"Your shitty scales are easier to grip onto," Bakugo briefly answered, causing the dragons tail to flick irritably "Still, you need to warn me!" "I did!"