Chapter Fourty-Seven

—First Person POV.—

"Has anyone seen my cloak?" I call from my crouched position, eyes searching beneath the bed and sitting up when a chorus of 'no's' filter through the room.

My brows are furrowed as I push myself up—hands idly dusting off my legs while scanning the room for any sign of the black cloth.

"I swear if one of you shredded it last night.." I murmur and Eijiro's head tilts in my direction, blinking innocently as he slides his free arm into a grey vest he had plucked from Katsuki's sack.

He turns around, flexing his wings and causing me to sigh gently as I fix my hands into the fabric—strapping the back of the vest together to fit the crimson appendages.

There's a knock at the door and my Dragons head tilts up as Katsuki trots past, sending us a passive glance while tying the front of his cape onto his chest.

The fluffy part sits on his shoulders—white strands swaying lightly with his strides and hiding the gauze wrapped around his shoulder as he walks down the short hall to open the door.

"Everyone is waiting in the dining hall—" The maid starts and is cut off when the door is slammed shut again.

She doesn't persist with knocking and I pull away from Eijiro when our Prince comes trotting back into the chambers—hands still knotting the front of his crimson cloak with an unbothered expression on his features.

"Shouldn't we get going?" Eijiro wonders, glancing back when I pat his shoulder, alerting him that I was done so he could stretch his wings out a bit.

It's odd seeing him covering up his upper body—but he expressed that it was to make people less uncomfortable while we're in the castle.

Plus it's not that much, since he's not wearing an undershirt and the front part of the vest is open.

I can understand why he doesn't wear shirts now, the straps around the base of his wings didn't look too comfortable and I doubt cutting holes into shirts would make things easier.

"Half-n-half can wait." Is the Barbarians response as he trots past—his hand reaches out to grab the sack but Eijiro quickly intercepts, silently letting him know he got it.

Katsuki steps back, sighing lightly and allowing the Dragon to sling it over his shoulder.

I watch the interaction for a moment before shaking my head with a light laugh "We've been taking our time though, and I'm starving." I comment, causing those scarlet eyes to cast in my direction.

Not even a second later, I turn to plop down on the bed— Only to feel a hand press into my lower back, guiding me off to the entrance hallway by the Barbarian at my side.

"Let's go."

Eijiro is quick to follow suit—trekking behind when Katsuki pulls the door open and silently urges me to walk out into the large halls I had nearly gotten lost in last night.

The sun beams through the windows, covering the walls and its paintings in its bright rays of light and just as the door clicks shut behind me, I take notice of the maid standing off to the side.

She glances from the two behind before her eyes flicker onto me with surprise written into her expression.

In response, I raise my hand slightly to give a brief wave in greeting—and slight confusion on why she's even still here..

But that's quickly answered when she clears her throat, hands idly gesturing to the hallway as her head tilts downwards in a bow "The dining hall's this way.." She speaks, voice low compared to earlier.