36

Step.

Step.

"Good morning, Miss Stark."

Step.

Step.

"How was the drive in this morning?"

Step.

Step.

Newly eighteen year old Emma Stark walked the halls of Stark Industry. She was dressed for business. She wore an all black pants suit and slight black heels. Her hair was down and straight and she wore her glasses.

She was advised that if she dressed like this, she appeared to look more mature. She'd appear to look professional. She'd look like someone Tony trusted with his company.

Emma had an assistant walk over and hand her coffee. The assistant was a little older than Emma, even though technically Emma would be twenty-three if it hadn't been for the time travel bullshit.

"Thank you, Missy." Emma said.

Missy, the assistant, just smiled at Emma.

"You're welcome, Miss Stark. You have a meeting with a few members of the board and- and The Daily Bugle wishes to ask you some questions regarding Spider-Man." Missy said.

Emma halts in her steps.

Missy did too.

Emma glanced at her assistant.

"Is Jameson here? Is he in my building?" Emma asks.

Missy shakes her head, "No. No, he isn't. He sent a few messages and even tried sending a few reporters, but security kicked them out." She answers.

Emma nods.

It had only been a week since Peter's secret has been outed to the world. It can't be easy for him, and it hasn't been easy for her. Emma had chosen to come out publicly about her identity as Static, but Peter didn't get that choice.

She can only imagine how difficult all of this has been on Peter, May, Ned, MJ, on anyone close to Peter. She knows it's been hard fending off the press every time she goes outside.

"Good. Good." Emma said and then looks at Missy, "Is my 9 o'clock here yet?"

Missy nods, "Yes. He is currently in your office waiting. He arrived a few minutes earlier." She said.

Emma nods, "Thank you."

Emma marches off.

She heads towards her office. The office used to be Tony's, it used to be Pepper's, but now it was Emma's to use as she saw fit. 

She opened the door into her office that is surrounded by glass, because transparency Emma could only assume, and is greeted by a man sitting in a chair in front of her rather large desk.

"Was wondering how long you were going to make me wait, Miss Stark?" He spoke. 

Emma shuts the door.

She walks into the room and finds herself sitting behind the large desk. She felt small behind the desk. It didn't matter how many fancy pants suits she wore. She felt out of her league.

"I had a meeting that was running late, Mr Murdock." Emma said.

In front of her sat the lawyer known as Matt Murdock. The man was well dressed. He was lounging in the chair as he taps on his walking stick.

"Of course, Miss Stark, wouldn't want to keep the new face of Stark Industry from her important meetings. But then again it was you who contacted me." Matt said smirking a little.