16

Everything after what she had witnessed felt straight out of a movie. It felt straight out of fiction. Sure, she's seen magic and fought in space against a purple galactic tyrant, but this was next level for some reason.

Emma almost wanted to throw up.

She had never seen this before.

Emma saw as John's eyes shifted. It shifted from pure hatred and rage to a sudden realization. A sudden "oh shit"  look. Emma watched as John lifts his gaze to his crowd, to the on lookers.

Phones still out, documenting this globally. The whole world knows what this Captain America just did in broad daylight.

Murder.

John looked to Emma.

Emma saw the instant regret for what felt like half a second, before the solider ran off. He ran with the bloody shield in hands. Not a single bystander stopped him, but rather moved out of his way.

Emma's foot moved first.

"John-," Her voice was soft.

Emma was running after the man first, followed by other footsteps which she knew were Bucky and Sam.

Emma knew she couldn't keep up with a super soldier by running, so she kicked off from the ground and was flying off in the direction. She didn't care if bystanders saw. She didn't care if people recognized her as Tony Stark's adopted daughter.

She landed in front of an abandoned warehouse that John had ran into. Emma looked behind her, she saw Sam and Bucky a little behind her.

Emma decided to walk on in.

She walks through the what was probably an old factory warehouse. Probably shipping products all over the town.

She found John knelt down on the ground.

She looked at the blood on the shield. She pictures the sight again. The man going from pleading and crying to suddenly silent and dead.

This had been the fourth person Emma watched die before. Three in less than a year. She doesn't count the time Thor finally went for the head five years ago, because she never counted Thanos as a person.

Walker begins to stand after grunting to himself.

"Walker," Sam's voice alerts Emma of their presence.

John holds the shield tightly as he moves towards the three. Bucky standing a little away from Emma and Sam, but eyes on John. Sam was standing close to Emma, sort of expecting something to happen to protect her.

"You guys should see a medic, you don't look so good." John says.

Emma shakes her head, "John, stop." She says softly.

"What?" John asks looking at her and then looked at Sam, "You saw what happened. You know what I had to do. I killed him because I had to! He killed Lemar!"

Emma shakes her head, "He didn't kill Lemar, John." She says.

Sam pulls Emma back to ease her away from the unstable John Walker. He knew she can handle her own, he knows of her space adventure, but this was just a move Sam felt was needed. He didn't want Emma getting hurt or worst on his watch.

"Don't go down that road. Believe me, it doesn't end well." Bucky says.

John shakes his head angrily, "I'm not like you." He says.

Sam tries to stay level headed.

"Listen, it was the heat of the battle. Okay? If you explain what happened, they may consider your record." Sam says, "We don't want anyone else to get hurt."