13

Well going out into the city seemed like a total bust. Zemo had spoken to children to try and gather information about Donya and Karli for them, but that didn't seem to work. Sam had scouted the area, asking a few people but nothing.

Bucky had kept his eyes on Zemo the entire time. He didn't want to let the man out of his sight. Emma remain close to Bucky, it wasn't because she didn't want to venture on her own, she just didn't try Zemo from trying to mess with Bucky's head.

But now, they were back at their hiding spot with nothing.

"Well, I got nothing," Bucky announces to Sam, "No one's talking about Donya."

Sam nods.

Bucky stood by the couch where Sam was sitting and now where Emma was making herself comfortable as. Zemo was getting himself something to drink in the kitchen.

"Yeah, it's because Karli is the only one fighting for them." Sam says.

Bucky sighs.

Emma looks at the men, "She's not wrong."

Sam glanced at Emma.

"What do you mean?" Bucky asks.

"For five years, people have been welcomed into countries that have kept them out using barbwire. There were houses and jobs. Folks were happy to have people around to help them rebuild." Emma explains, "It wasn't just one community coming together, it was the entire world coming together."

This was something neither Sam or Bucky could ever understand. They didn't live during the time before the Blip. And many people forget that Emma had, given her age being different than it was before the Blip.

"And then, boom. Just like that, it goes right back to the way it used to be." Emma says frowning, "To them, at least Karli's doing something."

Bucky crosses his arms on his chest, "You really think her ends justify her means?" He then points at Zemo, "Then, she's no different than him or anybody else we've fought."

"She's different," Emma says.

Sam sighs, "Em has a point." He says, "And besides, she isn't motivated by the same thing."

Zemo was walking over to them with drinks in hands, well actually on a trey. He set the trey on the coffee table in front of Emma and Sam, and then picked up a small tea cup.

"That little girl. What'd she tell you?" Emma asks Zemo.

"The funeral is this afternoon." Zemo says.

Bucky turns to Zemo, "You know the Dora's coming for you any minute. In fact, they're probably lurking outside right now." He glares at Zemo, "Keep talking."

Zemo glanced at Bucky, "Leaving you to turn on me once we get to Karli. Hmm," Zemo holds his tea cup near his lips, "I prefer to keep my leverage,"

Bucky charges over and grabs the cup. He slams it onto the floor shattering the cup.

Zemo doesn't flinch at Bucky.

Sam stands up.

Emma looks up at Bucky with worry.

"You wanna see what someone can do with leverage?" Bucky asks.

Sam looks at Bucky, "Take it easy. Don't engage him. He's just gonna extort you and do that stupid head tilt thing." He says, "Let me make a call."

Sam grabs his phone and walks out of the room.

Zemo looks at Bucky, "You want some cherry blossom tea?" He asks.