02

Not only was Emma not prepared to see the United States government do a press conference to reveal their brand new Captain America, but she also didn't expect to see Bucky Barnes at her front door later.

"Did you know?" Bucky asks.

Emma was a little stunned that was the first thing he had asked her.

She stepped aside allowing the man into a place that was once a place he called home, even if it was for a brief time.

"No. No, I didn't." She says.

Bucky walked towards the fridge and opens it up, as if he had never left the apartment. Emma shut the door and turns around, finding Bucky pulling out a can of Bud Light from the fridge.

"I don't like him," Bucky says, "Claiming that Steve felt like a brother to him. What a load of shit."

Emma crosses the room towards the breakfast bar. The bar being the thing that divides the two in the apartment.

"Buck," Emma says.

"This John Walker is all over the TV," Bucky says, "He is claiming he Captain America. He's carrying that shield. That shield doesn't belong to him."

Emma watches as Bucky shakes his head.

She glanced at the can in his metal hand. She walked around the breakfast bar and reached her hand out to touch the metal arm.

He looks at her and then to the can that was being squeezed.

"I don't like this either," She says, "But you need to calm down. Return to Earth."

Bucky placed the can down.

"Did Sam know anything about this?" Bucky asks.

Emma shakes her head, "As far as he knew, the shield was being displayed in Steve's honor." She says.

Bucky scoffs, "They have a funny way of showing it." He says.

Emma turns to the TV, she points at it and a small spark hit it, which turned it off. She grabs her cell phone and jacket, then turns to Bucky.

"Come on," She says.

Bucky looks at her confused, "Where?" He asks.

"Sam might have some answers," She says, "He works for the same jackasses that employed Walker."

Bucky watched as Emma slipped her jacket over top her black t-shirt.

"Alright," Bucky says.

With that said, the super solider and the twenty-two year trapped as a seventeen year headed off to find Sam Wilson.

.

..

...

In the hangar of an US Army base, walking towards the stairs was none other than Emma and Bucky. Interestingly, if you're the daughter, adopted or not, of Tony Stark, and a former Sargent that fought the Nazis, you can get in without being harassed.

The two approach Sam and another solider as they were coming down the stairs.

"Shouldn't have given up the shield," Bucky says as soon as he sees Sam's face.

Sam doesn't really acknowledge that.

"Good to see you too, Buck." Sam says traveling down the steps.

Finally the two make it down the stairs, the solider heads ahead of Sam, allowing the Avenger to speak to the two.

"This is wrong." Bucky continues as he and Emma follows.