00

Emma wasn't sure how it was going to work becoming roommates with a former killer who had his mind controlled by Hydra, and yet here they were.

It was two weeks into living together and Emma noted a few things about Bucky.

The man kept a lot to himself. Everything. He wasn't much of a talker when Emma saw him, which was rarely because he seemed to never leave his room. He seemed to leave for room, the restroom, and going to his therapy sessions.

To Emma, it felt like having a cat around. A cat that was rarely seen, but heard during the night.

Emma had heard Bucky's night terrors. Sometimes she'd hear a scream and other times she'd hear the shower running late nights.

Emma never brought it up, because she knew that he probably felt ashamed of his nightmares. Emma would never shame him or think little of him, but she knew of the torture that he's endured.

Emma was sitting at the breakfast bar eating some chocolate ice cream in a bowl while watching the news on the TV hanging in the living room. She heard the door click open, revealing her loner roommate.

Bucky enters.

"Hi," Emma greets.

Bucky nods.

He begins to close the door and take off his jacket. She sees his flesh arm and his metal one. She doesn't like to stare because she feels like she has to be weirding him out from the looks.

"Want some ice cream?" Emma asks.

Bucky shakes his head, "I'm fine," He says, "I'm just gonna go-,"

He was cut off.

"Hide in your room?" Emma says.

Bucky halts in between the living room and the stairs that led to his room. He looks directly at her, it wasn't a glare but it wasn't pleasant either.

Emma placed the spoon in her bowl, "Look, I don't mind you needing space but if you want to-,"

"I talk enough to my therapist." He says.

"I don't mean about that stuff," Emma says, "I'm not even qualified to deal with the inner demons of your mind, let alone my own trauma."

Emma moves off the seat she was sitting in and walks towards Bucky, but stops giving him some space so he doesn't feel cornered.

"Sam keeps texting me," She says, "Wanting to know how you're doing. He's worried."

Bucky says nothing.

"You don't reply back," Emma says.

Bucky shakes his head, "There is nothing to say." He says.

Emma rolls her eyes, "Whatever,"

Bucky gives her a sort of glare.

"Why do you even care?" He asks, "Why did you even ask me to move in if you're going to lecture me like some child? Hello, I am a hundred and six."

Emma scoffs, "Why I offered?" She asks, "I did it because I am at least I hope I am a decent person. Bucky, you were just recently pardoned. You- You helped us defeat Thanos. You've done so much, good and bad, and I thought you needed a break."

Bucky looks at her.

"Steve never said you were a pain in the ass, and yet here we are." She says crossing her arms on her chest.

Bucky looks at her with a small smile, "Steve never said you were such blunt," He says.

"Get it from my dad," Emma says.