24

Emma and Sam had arrived back to the street where the fight between them and the Flag Smashers had started. Sam was carrying the body of Karli and took it to a medic.

Emma placed a hand on Sam's shoulder as they part the medic, but then the two had cameras and microphones shoved in their faces.

"What happened to the Flag Smashers?"

"When did the government make you Captain America?"

"Is it still Falcon or Captain Falcon?"

"Since when did the Falcon and Static work together?"

"Are you two partners now?"

Just then two women from the government and a male senator approached them, however, the male senator had his hand extended only to Sam.

"Sam, thank you so much from all of us." He tells Sam, "Sincerely,"

Emma felt like this wasn't her scene, so she quietly slipped over to Bucky. Bucky was resting his body against a vehicle as he watched.

Emma approached Bucky.

"Buck," She says.

Bucky nods at him.

Emma turns her gaze back to Sam.

"You did your part in dealing with those terrorists, now we'll do ours." The senator says.

"Are you still going forward with resetting the boarders?" Sam asks them seriously.

A woman nods, "Our peacekeeping troops will begin relocating peel soon. The terrorist only set us back a bit."

Sam shook his head, "Would you stop calling them that." He says.

The woman was taken back, "Then what should we call them?" She asks.

"Your peacekeeping troops are carrying weapons, are forcing millions of people into settlements around the world, right?" Sam asks.

No one says anything.

"What do you think those people are gonna call you? These labels 'terrorist', 'refugees', 'thugs', they're often used to get around the question, why?" Sam spoke.

The woman interrupted, "Those settlements that happened five years ago, do you think it's fair for the government to have to support them?" She asks.

Sam doesn't bat an eye, "Yes."

"And the people who reappeared only to find someone else living in their family home, they just end up homeless?" The senator asks Sam with a curious look, "Look, I get it, you have no idea how complicated the situation is."

The Senator wanted to turn and walk away, but Sam wasn't finished.

"You know what, you're right. And that's a good thing. We finally have a common struggle now. Think about it! For once, all the people who've been begging, to feel how hard any given day is- now you know!" Sam says.

Sam paused for a moment.

"How did it feel to be helpless? Now if you could remember what is was like to be helpless and face a force so powerful it could erase half the planet, you would know that you're about to have the exact same impact. This isn't about an easy decision, Senator." Sam says.

The man shakes his head at Sam, "You don't understand."

Sam scoffs at that comment, "I'm a black man carrying the stars and stripes. What don't I understand?" He asks the senator.