04

Emma felt awkward in the Jeep. She knew before all the stuff with Thanos and the Blip, she might've actually had some sort of starstruck panic attack about being in the presence of the Falcon and the former Winter Soldier. Hell, she might've felt some sort of honor being around John Walker, but honestly, she doesn't know what to make of him.

"Okay, so we've got eight super soldiers on a bulk supply run. Why?" John asks.

Sam looks at John, "They say their mission is to get things back to the way it was during The Blip." He says.

Emma frowns thinking about that, "Maybe- Maybe they're trying to help." She suggests.

Bucky looks off, "They had a funny way of showing it." He says.

Walker looks at Sam and Emma, "That serum doesn't exactly have a great track record," He looks at Bucky, "No offense."

Emma opens her mouth.

However, she felt the metal hand rest on her shoulder. She looked at Bucky, he was telling her through his eyes not to say something. Emma was protective, she cared about her friends. And Emma didn't like the tone John gave Bucky.

"We need to figure out where they're going." Sam says, "How'd you track them here? The Flag Smashers?"

"Uh, no, we didn't track them, we tracked you, uh through Redwing." Lemar says awkwardly.

Sam looks offended, "You hacked my tech?"

Walker chuckles, "Sorry, it's not exactly hacking. it's government property." John motions to himself, "Kind of the government."

John chuckles a bit and then the laughter died down when he noticed the look Bucky was giving him. He was just staring at the Captain America.

Emma glanced at Bucky.

She could just tell by a mere look that if he wanted to, Bucky would rip that shield off John's arm and maybe even snap his arm in the process.

"Does he always just stare like that?" John asks Sam.

"You get used to it." Sam says casually.

Walker clears his throat, "Okay look, you know things have gotten kind of uh-,"

"Chaotic," Hoskins finishes.

John nods, "Yeah. The GRC, they're doing the best they can to get things up and running smoothly, post Blip." He says.

"Reactivating citizenship, social security, healthcare. Basically just managing resources for the refugees who were displaced by the return." Hoskins says.

Sam nods, "The Global Repatriation Council does all that. I get that but-," Sam was cut off.

"Why are you two here?" Emma asks looking at them.

John smiles a little, "I know who you are," He says, "Emma Stark. We have quite a file about you."

Emma narrows her eyes.

"Or should I say Emma Sterling?" John asks.

Emma made her hands into fists.

John noted the small sparks coming from them.

Sam noticed it as well, he was sure that Bucky also noticed it.

"Walker," Sam says, "Don't push it."

John looks at Sam and then to Emma, "My apologizes." He says.

"Well, to answer your question, they provide the resources and we keep things stable." Lemar says.