14

Everything happened so quickly when John, Lemar, and Bucky came into the room. John had such an alpha mentality that he was going to march into the room and handcuff a super soldier like it was nothing. Lemar was backing up his man, backing up his Captain America. Meanwhile, Bucky seemed to have what seemed to be guilt in his eyes, guilt that he didn't try harder to keep John back.

Karli had punched John hard, sending him to the floor. Lemar went to aid his friend. Meanwhile, Karli went to do the same thing to Sam, but sees Bucky coming towards her.

Karli began to run.

Bucky was running right behind her.

Emma elevated herself off the ground and flew after the two.

This whole place was a maze. Emma had lost Karli, but also lost Bucky. Somehow, by whatever weird person built this building, she ended up where they had entered. Where Zemo was handcuffed.

Well, where he was supported to be handcuffed.

She looked and saw the cuffs hanging off the pipe he was once attached to, then heard the sound of gun shots. She jumped a little and then poked her head around the side of the machines in the room.

The table was sideways and now Emma saw Zemo smashing what seemed to be the super soldier serum.

Emma saw movement behind table, but noticed Zemo hadn't even noticed her. He was too caught up in his goal. He was so focused on the destruction of the serum to notice Emma walk past him.

She knelt down around the table, and noticed it was Karli.

Gun shot wound.

"Karli," Emma says.

Karli winced.

"Let me see," Emma says.

Karli tries to move away but winced more.

"Karli," A voice called out.

Emma glanced behind her and sees a man poking out from a door. Without really considering much, Emma grabs Karli and helps her up. Emma escorts Karli up the stairs in the direction to where the friend had popped out.

Emma and Karli got through the door and the guy attempted to help Emma get Karli to sit on the floor without putting her in more pain.

"Thank you," The super soldier tells Emma.

Emma nods.

Karli holds onto her wound, "Why did you- help me?" She asks.

Emma looks at Karli, "I don't want to be your enemy, Karli. I believe in your cost, but not the method."

"But you're working with Captain America," Karli spat out.

Emma shakes her head, "I don't work for anyone. I don't think I'm a hero anymore." She says.

The super solider shakes his head, "You are a hero. You saved Karli from that mad man." He says.

Emma gives the man a small smile.

Karli looks at Emma, "Why do you support them?"

Emma slowly moves her gaze to Karli.

"You're just like us!" Karli exclaims, "Desperately trying to find some sort of peace in this chaos!"

Emma frowns.

The super soldier glanced from Karli to Emma.

"I stand with Sam and Bucky." Emma tells her, "Sam Wilson is a good man. He is very trusted."