32

Blinking.

Emma was no longer at the Maximoff resident. Instead, she was back in the home that the Stark family had called home in this fictional world. Although the appearance of the home has changed from the 1970's aesthetic to a family home in the late 1980's or early 1990's.

Even Emma's appearance was different.

She wore a pink turtle neck sweater, high waist blue acid wash jeans with the cuff rolled a bit, white socks, and white tennis shoes. She was wearing glasses, for once in these realities.

She had a perm.

Emma looked at her reflection at a mirror hanging on the wall, before she jumped when she heard the door from the kitchen opening to reveal her dad.

"Sparks," Tony greets with a smile.

Emma turns around.

"Dad," She said smiling.

She ran over and hugged him.

"Why are you clingy? Do you want me to give you money for the new Janet Jackson CD or something?" Tony asks.

Emma laughs a little as she pulls away from her dad.

She shakes her head, "No. I- I'm just happy to see my dad." She said.

Tony kept the smile on his face.

He messed with her hair, even though she lightly shoves him.

"Stop you'll mess it up." She claims.

"I'm just making your perm more perm like." Tony grins.

Emma noticed the brief case in hands.

"Um- do you have to go to work today?" Emma asks.

Tony raised his eyebrow.

"I mean, couldn't you have one sick day and hang out with your favorite blonde daughter." Emma said.

Tony chuckles, "You're my only blonde daughter." He said.

Emma nods, "Exactly, and I think you should just take the day and hang out with me. I'm way cooler than work." She said.

Tony sets the brief case on the couch and looks at his daughter a little more seriously. He raises his eyebrow with curiosity.

"Okay, what's going on?" Tony asks, "Is it Peter? Did he break your heart?"

Emma shakes her head, "No. No, he would never-."

And then the memory came back to her head. Ever since her realization that this was all fake, well the reality was created by Wanda, more of her memories are coming back. Plenty of memories that she doesn't want to think of. Painful ones.

Five days after Tony Stark's death

Emma was sitting in Peter's apartment. His aunt was out at work and he was supposed to be meeting her to have a movie night. She knew he had school so she expected him any minute, well she had been telling herself that for a good three hours.

Emma looks at her phone.

Twitter news, Spiderman spotted stopping a bank robbery.

Emma sighs an exhausted sigh.

She turns to the screen off and gets up, and at that moment is when Peter walks through the door. He was soaked from the rain on that New York day. He looks at Emma with his dorky smile.

"You're late," Emma said.

Peter nods, "Yeah uh- sure. Sorry." He says, "I was getting off the bus and then I heard the police sirens and-."