0

"Everything is just so messed up now," Said Peter Parker.

He had called Emma Stark.

It had been mere weeks after her father had died in order to save the entire galaxy basically. The world is trying to return to normal in the wake of the Blip, which is what they are calling it.

Emma sat on her bed in her apartment overlooking the city of New York. Her penthouse that was paid for by Pepper. Pepper who said that Emma was more than welcomed to come home and be with family.

"How can things be so messed up, Parker?" Emma tried to sound normal, "It's just an English paper."

She heard a few grunts and sighs on the other end of the cellphone.

"Peter, Peter you're not-." Emma sighs, "You're being Spiderman and on the phone with me?"

The grunting ended as quickly as she heard it, but she could hear a swoosh sound. A sound indicating that he was swinging from web to web across the city.

"Well you didn't come back to school," Peter says.

"I graduated high school already," Emma argues, "I went to college. I'm- I'm looking into a career."

"You're only sixteen," Peter says, "Like me, remember?"

Emma sighs and ran her hand through her hair, "I was in my twenty's before all of that time heist mess," She looks at the ceiling, "Besides I don't need to be at school. I'm not missing out on much."

"Ned misses you," Peter says, "I really miss you."

Emma gets up from sitting on her bed and looked out the window at the beautiful city of New York. New York wasn't what she had hoped for when she was just a hero wearing a hoodie and a cheap dollar store mask, but now its home.

"You could always come over. I've told you that you can." Emma says, "I've insisted."

"I have to patrol. I have to be Spiderman." Peter argues.

"Not every single day, Parker. You're going to get yourself killed going on like this." Emma says, "And what will happen then-?"

"Maybe Static will come out of retirement." Peter says in a mutter.

Although, Emma had heard him.

She scoffed at that.

This is the argument they keep coming back to. It's been a daily thing for the past few weeks. Emma had decided to step down as Static, she needed to get her head on straight about her future, about her choices in life, about what would make Tony proud of her.

Peter insists that Tony would be proud being a hero.

But Emma knew just as accepting as Tony was with her being Static after the snap, she knew he was growing more and more anxious with each bruise and broken bone each fight brought her. She wasn't just going out to find petty crimes and protect lives, she was just trying to feel something in the numbness of her heart.

"Peter, I already told you that-," Emma was cut off.

"I know," Peter says, "I know. I want to get it, but- but you can help so much. Isn't that what Tony would've wanted?"

Emma wanted to scream at him.

But, Emma knows the boy is also grieving. He was grieving a mentor and a father figure like Emma, but their grief is both different. Sure, Peter's history with the great Tony Stark was longer than Emma in some sense. Emma also had five whole years living with Tony and him treating her like his own.