31

Geraldine is thrown through the walls, and then through a force field keeping everyone inside Westview. She is then thrown outside onto the grass where she rolls around a few times before coming to a complete stop.

She lays on her back and the dead of night.

She hears alarms blaring off, but she was also hearing ringing in her ears from the wave of power Wanda had used to expel her from the city.

She hears a helicopter. 

She breathes.

In.

Out.

She rolls her head around, taking in everything. Her mind not yet catching up with what is going on. She was conscious, but just barely.

A vehicle is approaching her.

Headlights.

Spotlight from the helicopter.

Voices.

Chattering.

She sees two people kneel down next to her. They were talking to her, but she was still a little out of it to fully respond to their line of questions. It didn't stop them, however from checking her pulse.

As the two individuals begin to treat her, two more people come over. This time she recognized this man.

"Monica, are you okay?" It was none other than Jimmy Woo.

And then flashes of memories came flooding back.  Talking with Hayward about Wanda and Westview. Recruiting Emma to assist. The pair meeting Jimmy for the first the pair outside the force field. Being pulled into the force field and becoming a character in some sick messed up reality being created by someone.

She wasn't Geraldine.

That was all an act. All for show.

Monica Rambeau was her name.

Monica furrows her brows as she gathers all the information. And then once it fully got to her, her eyes widen as she stares up at sky.

At this point Jimmy and the woman he was with had knelt down next to Monica. Both showing concern in their expressions.

"It's all-," Monica shakes her head, "Wanda."

.

..

...

Monica was laying on a hospital bed while dressed in a hospital gown. She was being tested by doctors on her well-being, but also being questioned by Haywood.

The man stood by her bed.

The man had a cold look on his face, it was unreadable, although Monica wasn't focusing on the man's expression.

"What was the first thing you do remember?" Hayward asks.

Monica frowns, "Pain,"

Monica gets a flash of her memories of being pulled into the Hex, the force field. She blinks the memories back and looks at her hands resting on top of her chest.

"And then-," Monica pauses.

She gets quick flashes of images in her head of being Geraldine, and as this character being thrown out of Westview back into reality.

"Wanda's voice in my head," Monica said.

A lot of the tests were happening and Monica really wasn't even focusing on it. Instead she was too busy recounting what happened, or at least trying to piece together what might not have come back to her.