15

The trio were walking the streets.

"Where did you really end up?" Bucky asks Emma, "After John went to arrest Karli."

Emma looks at Bucky, "You're still about that?"

Bucky nods, "Damn straight."

Emma groans, "You can't be serious?"

But he was dead serious. She glanced at the former Winter Soldier. He looked so serious, having his signature stares he has. Emma glanced over at Sam, who was also giving her a look.

"Okay, fine-!" Emma shouts.

She hates them sometimes.

The two men make her feel like they are big brothers bullying her into spilling her guts about some rule she had broken.

"I- I found Karli." Emma explains, "Zemo had shot her and I helped her escape."

Both Sam and Bucky did not expect that answer.

"What?" Sam asks.

"You what?" Bucky asks.

Emma holds her hands up, "You're freaking out like I slept with her or something,"

And after that comment, both men looked at Emma with different expressions than the sudden shock from her confession.

"I swing both ways, fellas." Emma says.

Sam's phone begins to ring.

"We're not done talking about this," Sam says and reaches for his phone.

The man stops walking to answer it, as Emma and Bucky stepped a little away to give Sam some space for the phone call.

Bucky looks at Emma.

"What?" Emma asks.

"Swing both ways?" Bucky asks with genuine confusion.

Emma sighs, "It means I'm bi, Buck." She says.

Bucky nods.

"It means I like guys and girls," Emma clarifies.

Bucky looks at her, "I know what bisexual is," He says, "I just- I just didn't know-."

Emma gives him a small smile, "I didn't either before. Everything after we lost against Thanos, I did some experimenting in college." Her smile begins to look sad, "I just wanted to feel something that I had lost that day."

Their conversation was interrupted by Sam's body language, he seemed tense. Emma and Bucky glanced over and took it in the second his tone in voice changed.

"She said what?" Sam asks.

Bucky and Emma exchanged looks.

"Right. Hold on, hold on." Sam says and sighs, "I know, I know. Listen, pack an overnight bag and take the boys."

The man began walking, but at a fast walking speed. Emma and Bucky wasted no time in following after him.

"Sam?" Emma asks.

"What happened?" Bucky asks.

Sam pulls the phone away., "Karli called Sarah. She threatened my nephews." Sam puts the phone back to his ear, "Okay. Go somewhere safe. Only pay cash. Alright?"

Emma couldn't imagine if it had been her. If Karli had contacted Pepper and threatened Morgan. If Morgan's life was ever threatened, Emma isn't sure if she'd be able to keep herself from crossing a line. Morgan is pure. Morgan is heart. Morgan is the last joy of Tony Stark, and Emma would rather die than see the laughter Morgan contains turns into sobs again.