27

And much like a fog, Emma ended up leaving the Maximoff resistance without much of a thought. She remembered laughing with Wanda as the gossiped about Peter and then she was back at her home.

But things didn't feel like home here.

Westview was home, but it also wasn't home. She wasn't entirely sure how or why she felt like that, but she did.

As she sat on her living room couch trying to figure it out, she was pulled out of her deep thoughts by a knock on the door. As if it was a switch that flipped on her, she switched into a different role.

A different Emma.

And it was like she couldn't stop herself.

"I got it!" Emma beams.

However, as she got up, instead heading to the door was Morgan. The youngest daughter ran to the door and opened it.

Standing in front of the door was none other than Emma's boyfriend.

Peter.

Morgan groans, "Em, your boyfriend is here-!" She screams.

Emma flushes, "Morgan-!" She yells.

Emma ran over and pulled Morgan away from the door, which led the younger girl to just walk away from the door.

Emma turns to Peter.

"Hi," She says smiling at him.

"Hey," Peter says to her also smiling.

That felt familiar.  Was it because they are dating so they've had this one word conversation in the past? Was she just getting a vague feeling of deja vu?

"Em?" Peter asks.

Emma looks at him, "I- I'm sorry." She seemed to break character, "Doesn't this feel familiar? Like this feels familiar? Deja vu, moment?"

She was getting images in her head. Memories of what felt like her past, but also felt foreign to her. But it felt real. Real real. As if it happened recently, but that can't be. In these memories people had phones in their hands, and that hasn't been invented yet? Right?

They were in a coffee shop. Emma doesn't drink coffee. She also wore pants and that just seemed out of line.

Emma just shakes her head.

She watched the boy shrugs his shoulders at her comment.

"I mean we say hi to each other a lot." He says, "But no deja vu moment."

Emma's face falters a little.

"Oh," Emma says.

Peter then reaches for her hand, "You okay?" He asks, "You look a little pale."

Emma looks at him.

She met his gaze. She could see the worry on Peter Parker's face. The genuine worry spread across his face.

"Uh- um yeah," She says, "I had a dream last night that really spooked me. I might still be freaked out about it."

Emma gestures for him to come into her home. Peter follows her inside, he closes the door behind him.

The couple walk to the couch and both sit down. Emma felt Peter's hand on her shoulder, he pulled her close to him.

"Tell me about it?" Peter asks.

Emma placed her hand on her face, "Hmm," Her head was hurting, "I- I don't seem to remember it. It- It's fuzzy."

She feels Peter kiss her on the head.