09

The group arrived in a fancy office with a blonde sitting on a comfortable sofa. Around her were guards, for her protection.

"You should know, Baron." Selby starts, "People don't just come into my bar and make demands."

"Not a demand." Zemo sits down across from her, "An offer."

"A lot has changed since you were here last. By the way, I thought you were rotting away in a German prison." Selby asks, "How did you escape?"

Zemo smiles, "People like us always find a way, don't we?" He spoke.

Sam stood near Selby, with Emma still next to him. Emma looked at the woman named Selby. She was not at all what Emma had pictured, but then again this whole mission here had not been what she pictured either.

"I'm sure you've already figured out what I'm here for." Zemo says.

"You're taller than I'd heard, Smiling Tiger." Selby says.

Her eyes turn to Sam. She eyes him up and down while she bites her lip a little, and then noticed Emma.

Selby stood up and smiles at the girl.

"Is this your current play thing, Smiling Tiger?" Selby asks, "She quite beautiful."

Selby reaches out and touches Emma's chin to lift her head to stare at Selby. Emma had been in worst situations, and also she has super powers, but for whatever reason looking at this woman made her feel worried.

Selby smiles and then turns to Zemo, "What's the offer?"

Selby let's go of Emma and sits back down to look at the man she is talking to. As Selby had her back to Emma and Sam, Emma noticed the worried look Sam gave her. Emma tries to assure him through a small nod that she was fine, shaken but fine.

"Tell us what you know about the super solider serum." Zemo says and stands up to walk over to Bucky, "And I give you him, along with the code words to control him, of course."

Selby smiles at that.

"He will do anything you want," Zemo says as he grabs Bucky's face a little.

Emma was purely amazed how Bucky still looked so void and empty in the eyes. She didn't know how he could, but then again when Hydra makes you into a weapon guess old habits die hard.

Selby grins with excitement, "Now that's the Zemo I remember." She says, "I'm glad I decided not to kill you immediately. You were right to come to me. Arrogant, but right. The super solider serum is here in Madripoor. Dr Wilfred Nagel is the man you wanna thank."

Selby then reached for a drink.

"Or condemn, depending on what side of this you're on." Selby says.

Selby gives Bucky a side glance.

"The Power Broker had him working on the serum, but things didn't go as planned." Selby says.

Zemo watches her with interest, "Is Nagel still in Madripoor?" He asks.

Selby leans forward, "Oh, the bread crumbs you can have for free, but the bakery is gonna cost you, Baron." She smiles, "And before you get all cute, don't think you can find Nagel without me."

Just then a phone ringing cut the conversation to a halt.

Bucky mentally swore in his head.

Emma's eyes shift to Sam.

Sam was sweating like crazy, because it was his phone.

Selby turns to Sam.

"Answer it." She says, "On speaker."