12

They were casually walking the streets of Sokovia. Zemo was leading the group to his safe house, however, Bucky couldn't shake a feeling off.

Emma noticed how tensed he was.

"I heard what became of Sokovia. Cannibalized by its neighbors before the land was cleared of rubble, erased from the map. I don't suppose any of you bothered visiting the memorial?" Zemo asked.

It seemed he was mostly asking Bucky and Sam, but he did turn his gaze upon Emma. It did come with the territory of being the late Tony Stark's daughter.

"Of course not." Zemo tells them, "Why would you?"

The man stops in front of some buildings and looked at the so called heroes that had accompanied him here.

Zemo gestures to a building, "We are here."

Bucky glanced behind them and then turns forward. He watches as the group begin to head inside.

"I'm gonna go for a walk." Bucky announced.

His announcement caused the flow of entrance into the building to halt. Emma was the first one to turn to Bucky, then was Sam, and lastly was Zemo.

"You good?" Emma asks.

Bucky nods, "Yeah. I'll see you guys in a bit."

Bucky didn't add more as he turned around from them to begin to walk away.

Emma frowns.

Sam steps next to her, "Give him some space," He says, "He might just need to cool off."

Emma nods.

.

..

...

Upon arriving to the safe house, it looked like something out of a spy movie. It was surely impressive, to say the least.

Zemo had walked in as if he wasn't a wanted criminal and just made himself at home, even if technically it was his.

"Please, come in." Zemo tells Sam and Emma, "Make yourself comfortable."

Emma walks into the room further, she looked around at the clean and neat nature of the place. It looked like it was barely used, but somehow there was no dust. Someone was still cleaning it, despite Zemo being locked up.

Emma watched as Zemo went to the large beautiful window to look out at the town below. Sam walked towards the kitchen and was leaning against the counter. Emma moved into the room and made her way to the couch to sit down.

She felt her phone vibrate.

It was a text message.

She pulled her phone out and saw it was a text message from Peter. A small smile crept on her face as she thought about him at this moment.

It was a picture.

He had sent her a photo of him sitting in study hall in the library of Mid-Town High. He had his text books set up as a sort of divider to hide him being on the phone. She saw Ned's arm in the photo but that was about it.

Below the photo were the wrote he sent, "Really boring without you here,"

Emma smiles.

"Hey, you got Ned with you. I'm really jealous."

Peter replied.

"You're jealous of Ned? Don't let him hear that."

Emma had her smile spread across her face.