19

Being inside the Wilson home felt, well honestly homey. Emma and Bucky dropped their backpacks at the door. The place looked like it was filled with good family memories, memories that would be retold to any guest that would come over.

Emma's eyes trail off to the photographs first.

Tony used to say a person's house is measure by how many photos they have. If they don't have a lot, then they're hiding something. That wasn't the case with the Wilson's. So many photos dating back even before the Blip.

"Are you guys Uncle Sam's sidekicks?" Coming out was AJ.

Right behind AJ was Cass.

Emma turned to the two younger boys.

"Um no-," She says.

However, before Emma could add more, the two boys were staring at Bucky's arm with the most interested looks on their faces.

"Whoa-!" Cass says.

"Is that real?" AJ asks.

Bucky was a little flustered to answer.

Sam pokes his head out from the kitchen, "Boys, what did your mom ask of you two?"

Cass and AJ's excited look slowly turned to dread.

"To do our homework." They both said at the same time.

Sam nods, "Good now go." He says and ducks back into the kitchen.

The boys muttered somethings under their breathe as they headed up the stairs. Emma watched the boys take off, as does Bucky.

Sam then pokes his head out again, "Don't just stand there like creeps. Come in."

Behind Sam was Sarah, and she smacked Sam upside the head. Sam winced a little and turned to his sister.

"What the hell was that for?" Sam asks.

Sarah shakes her head, "For being rude to our guests," She says and turns to Bucky and Emma, "Welcome. Make yourself at home."

Emma turns to Sarah, "You have a lovely home, Sarah."

Sarah smiles, "Thank you," She gestures them to the kitchen, "Care for something to drink?"

Bucky nods, "Yes please." He says.

The two follow the Wilson siblings into the kitchen. It too looked very much like a typical family kitchen. It was clean but there were plenty of old stains from meals that have longed been forever marked into the walls or floors. Moments in history frozen right there.

Emma noticed on the wall in the kitchen that had lines marked with names and heights on it. It had Sam's name and Sarah's name on it. It included dates.

Sarah offers Bucky a beer, who thanked her. Sam was drinking his own beer. Emma glanced away from the memories of the house to Sarah, who offered her tea.

"You grew up here?" Emma asks.

Sarah glanced at the walls of the home, "Yes. These walls hold a lot of memories. Good and bad." She says and grimace a little.

Sam holds his beer with a frown.

Emma stares at the cup in her hands.

"Well, it's nice. It must be great to raise your boys in the home you grew up in." Bucky interjects.

Sarah holds a gentle smile at the man, "It is."

There was an awkward moment of silence between the four. Each of them took a sip of their drinks in their hands and placed it on the table in front of them.

I Am StaticOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara