11

They were back on Zemo's jet heading off. Sam was on the phone with his buddy named Torres. Emma, however, was glancing out the window.

She was taking in everything that had happened in the past forty-eight hours. She had witnessed a lot of blood shed. At Selby's, Emma just seemingly blocked it out and was far focused on the men with guns. But, when Nagel was shot literally a foot away from her, it was just shocking. On top of that, the explosion.

Emma shakes her head.

She feels eyes on her.

Bucky.

Emma makes no moves to look at him. Instead, Emma pulls out her cellphone. She scrolls through her contacts and halts at a name.

Peter Parker.

Emma hovers her thumb over his name. She was debating on whether or not to even text him. She wants to tell him everything, everything she has been doing since she left with Sam and Bucky on this mission.

She clicked his name.

A screen came up to send a message. She began to type something to Peter. She wasn't sure what to say, it was erased and then rewritten four times. She deleted attempt after attempt. She finally looks at the last message she had sent him.

The date was the day he returned to high school after the Blip.

"You're going to do amazing, Parker! I can't wait to hear about your day! Love you!"

Emma looks at his reply.

"Love you too,"

Emma reads over those three words over and over. It felt like those three words were going to drive her crazy. Instead she choose to shake her head again and exit out of her attempt to reach out to Peter.

"Okay, call me if you get a hit," Sam says and hung up.

His voice had grounded Emma back to reality.

Bucky's gaze shifted from Emma to Sam. Bucky sensed some sort of emotions just falling off the shoulders of the Falcon.

"You okay?" Bucky asks.

Sam lifts his gaze away from his phone, "Yeah. Just thinking about all the shit Sharon had to go through." He says, "And Nagel referring to the American test subject like Isaiah wasn't even a real person."

Emma frowns.

"Just makes me wonder how many people have to get steamrolled to make way for this hunk of metal." Sam says.

Bucky looks at Sam, "It depends on who you ask. That hunk of metal saved a lot of lives." He tells Sam.

"Yeah, I get that." Sam says and ran a hand through his face, "Alright, maybe I made a mistake."

Emma nods.

"You did." Bucky says.

"Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have put it in a museum. Maybe I should've destroyed it." Sam says.

Emma looks directly at Sam, "Sam?"

Sam glanced briefly at Emma.

"Look," Bucky starts.

Sam glanced to look at Bucky.

"That shield represents a lot of things to a lot of people, including me." Bucky explains, "The world is upside down, and we need a new Cap, and it ain't gonna be Walker."

Sam nods in agreement.

Bucky looks at Sam with a soft expression planted on his face. Emma glanced between the two men, but mostly kept her eyes on Bucky. She had seen that expression a few times, and she recalled the conversations they had when he switched to this soften expression.