26

There was something Emma was forgetting. Something important she assumed, but right now in this moment it didn't matter. Tony pulled her out of the embrace and gestured to the couch for the two of them to sit down.

"Please tell your old man that you and Peter didn't go out drinking and that's why you had this weird dream?" Tony asks.

Emma furrows her brows, "Wha- No." She says.

Oddly enough random memories flooded her brain. Memories of spending the evening with her boyfriend, Peter.

"We- We went out. Saw a movie and I guess we lost track of time staring at the stars." Emma says.

Tony gives her a look, "He didn't," He makes a serious look, "You know."

Emma's eyes widen, "Dad-!"

She shoves Tony and he begins to laugh a little.

"What- What?" He asks, "I wanted to make sure he wasn't trying to take advantage of my little Sparks."

Sparks.

Sparks.

That nickname had a meaning, didn't it. It was always something Tony called her, but why. Emma doesn't quite remember.

"Tony, stop teasing the girl." In came Pepper.

Pepper looked like a classically beautiful woman in her correct timed dress. She walked from the kitchen and placed in front of them on the coffee table a plate with small sandwiches.

"What? I am not allowed to embarrassed my teenage daughter?" Tony asks.

Pepper glanced at her husband, "No. And besides, we know Peter. The young boy would never to anything to peer pressure Emma."

Tony points at his wife, "Ah ha! But he is a teenager and he's a boy. They're all after one thing."

Emma raises her eyebrows, "And what's that exactly, dad?" She asks with a grin.

Tony glanced at his daughter and then to his wife.

"Uh- I-," Tony seemed a bit speechless.

"Close your mouth, dear." Pepper says, "You look like a trout."

Tony closes his mouth.

Pepper walks to the staircase and then looks up.

"Morgan! Stop laying around and get down here!" Pepper yells.

Pepper turns to Tony, who went to reach for the sandwiches.

"No, no. Those aren't for you." Pepper says.

Tony looks at his wife, "Then who are they for?" He asks.

Pepper walks back over and picks up the plate. She has a big smile on her face as she addresses her family.

Morgan slowly comes down the stairs, seemingly trying to look less girlie, but was still obviously forced into a dress.

"Hate these dresses," Morgan muttered.

"Now everyone, I am pleased to say we have new neighbors. I thought it would be kind of us to go next door and welcome them to Westview." Pepper says.

Morgan looks annoyed.

"Do we have to?" Morgan asks.

Pepper turns to Morgan, "Come on, Morgan. It will be nice to welcome them. Show these new neighbors how friendly Westview can be."

Tony glanced at Morgan, "We should do as your mother says."

Morgan pouts.

Emma glanced between her parents to her sister.