MIK 48

48: Unexpected disclosure.

Minho watched his husband moving around, helping the uncle's grandchild – which turned out to be the girl who helped him– setting the food over the table, the aroma making Minho's mouth water in excitement.

He was dressed up now unlike before where he had to stay half naked for the past three days, since it would be difficult to maintain a wound while being clothed.

He was wearing a tank top which the uncle gave him –saying that it was his son's– and to be honest it fit him well. Jisung walked towards him, helping Minho to get up from the bed.

At first, it was difficult to stand up since he had been staying on the bed for three consecutive days, but having Jisung beside him, holding him close and carefully made him lean against the male's body with a beating heart.

After getting seated, the uncle told Hannah –his grandkid– to plate the food for guests which Jisung refused politely and started helping him and Minho out. Everyone started eating, but Minho was facing difficulties having a meal since his body was sore which made Jisung worried.

"Why don't you help him?" The uncle voiced out, gesturing Jisung to feed Minho which made the husbands feel relaxed. Jisung immediately grabbed the spoon and started feeding Minho who felt a bit flustered, but Jisung was no better.

"Guess, you guys aren't that good in covering that you are a couple." Minho choked on the rice making Jisung panic. He started slapping Minho's head making the uncle and Hannah laugh at the chaos happening before their eyes.

After calming, the husbands glanced at the old man who was eating the food like he wasn't bothered. The same goes for the girl who smiled at them cutely.

"Uncle, are you okay with the fact that… we are husbands?" The said person stopped his action looking at the men in surprise.

"Oh, I didn't thought you guys were married." The husbands looked down, feeling embarrassed.

"Look at you both being embarrassed. I am okay with you both, I have lived for many years. So don't be anxious. Besides…" The man paused his words and glanced at his grandchild who smiled, "my daughter in law is a man." The husbands looked at each other in shock.

"Where are they?" Jisung pinched Minho's thigh for being curious. Uncle chuckled looking at the boys in wonder.

"Thailand. When my son introduced his husband I was angry and didn't allow the relationship, thinking that it was shameful and evil. I was scared that the villagers wouldn't accept us, which made my son run away. " He let out a sad sigh.

"Later, I started realising that what I did was wrong. From then onwards I always prayed for my son and his husband's well being. After a few years he came back with his husband, but they weren't alone." He then caressed Hannah's head making them smile.

"After seeing her, I understood that no matter who you are, there is no life when you don't have your lover and family with you. Nowadays this girl over here always visits this old man." He said, pinching her nose making Hannah giggle.

"So you live in Thailand?" She nodded smiling.

"But I frequently visit here. I know who you are, Mr.Lee. Didn't know you were married with your P.A." The husbands looked at each other, making her laugh.

"Oh, god! Don't worry. This will be a secret in this household. I can imagine the bachelors crying their eyes out; once they get to know that their idol is married." The table broke out into happy laughter as they continued eating.

The atmosphere felt calm and happy which made the husbands smile in contentment. It made them feel like they were home. They started sharing talks here and there until they finished their meals.

"So, what do you guys do for a living?" Asked the uncle as both him and Minho were sitting outside the veranda while Jisung helped the girl with washing the dishes.

"I am an actor." Minho answered, feeling surprised. "Uncle, do you guys have no connection with the outside world?" The man shook his head.

"We don't even follow the government rules. The officials have long ago left us behind for us to do whatever we want. It's all about nature here." Minho once again got to learn that not everything revolved around fame and fortune. He glanced at Jisung who was laughing at something the girl said which made Minho smile.

The old man glanced at where Minho was looking at and smiled. "Ah young love, I'm too old to witness this." Minho reddened at the unexpected exclamation, making him look at the man with a shy grin, scratching his head in embarrassment.

"You are lucky to have him, young man." The uncle sighed, shaking his head. "When we found you both in the forest, you were passed out in his arms, covered in blood. When we pulled you away from his arms he was pleading with us to save you. The boy was crying so much which made us worried that he would pass out in exhaustion." Minho blinked his eyes, remembering the day the chasing happened.

It's absurd to think, but he wanted to watch the scene, how wrecked Jisung was for him, but then again he knew it was no good for both of them.

"So you are an actor? What about that kid?"

"He is a vet…" Minho paused, remembering that Jisung was no longer a vet.

"Ah! You both are loaded!" Typical Asian behaviour. Minho thought. "So, he is a vet?"

"I resigned from it, Uncle." Jisung interrupted, taking a seat beside Minho. "I am now working with my husband as his assistant." My husband. It felt good hearing the words rolling from Jisung's mouth like honey.

"Oh, why? It's hard to become a doctor then why did you leave the job, kid?" The husbands looked at each other awkwardly.

Even though it happened when they were enemies, having the reminder from the past was something they both couldn't avoid. Besides they both still haven't confessed their feelings yet.

Jisung sighed, looking away and smiled at the elder, "Situations happened." 

"From the family? Were they against your relationship?"

"Oh no! Ours was an arranged marriage." The man let out a sound in wonder and disbelief.

"The world surely is moving fast." The man shook his head with a smile." So, are you planning on continuing as your husband's assistant?" Jisung shook his head, making Minho frown.

"I'm going to write an entrance exam in America after the new year."

"What?" Minho mumbled, making Jisung's eyes widen in realisation.

He for a moment out of excitement forgot the fact that he hasn't said anything about the exam to Minho. Jisung glanced at the latter who looked at him in shock, eyes having a glint of sadness and betrayal. The uncle, feeling the atmosphere getting tense, stood up and quietly left them to give them space.

"Minho…"

"You better explain everything, Jisung."
________

Double update :)