MIK 41

41: Jealous best friends

Throughout the journey, Jisung talked about things that happened before Minho's arrival.

How Seungmin was innocent that his teacher was behind everything. Minho wasn't surprised by the revealing since Seungmin already told him, but what surprised him was the fact that Jisung iniated a talk with him, without Minho trying to get on his nerves to get to hear the younger's voice.

It was already lunch time by the moment the husbands reached home. They at first decided to take a nap, but their grumbling stomach let out different demands.

"What are you making?" Minho broke the silence, annoyed by the sudden hunger he felt, when all he wanted was a small nap, but at the same time he wanted the conversation to go on.

"Fried rice. Thank god, I know some basic dishes."

Minho let out a chuckle, "I thought you will be out till dinner, so I gave the maid a day off." He watched the younger attentively cutting the green onions, his eyes widened and cheeks puffed with air, without even noticing Minho's close presence.

He smiled at every word Jisung muttered, who occasionally gave a little pout out in the end of words, making Minho gulp at the innocent image.

They continued talking and it almost felt like a normal thing for them. The bickering, Minho messing the vegetables by chopping instead cutting and laughing too loudly, their voices echoing through the kitchen, it all felt simply natural.

Moving around the kitchen, Minho sputtered out profanities as Jisung had just made fun of one of the childhood stories he has been telling.

Somehow the younger ended up tripping when he jokingly tried to grab Minho's shirt collar, almost falling, if it weren't for Minho, who got a hold of his waist, preventing him from falling.

It was all good, until they straightened up and Minho didn't let go of his waist, that's when everything was ruined.

Jisung's tired eyes fell onto Minho's lips immediately, and no matter how much he tried to retract them, he had gotten lost, completely lost in them.

There it was again, that burning feeling in Jisung's chest. He pretended to ask himself why, or what, as if he didn't know already. He tried to feel bad about it, but there was just no way, absolutely no way.

They didn't lean in or anything, memories from the night before at the cemetery came clashing into their minds. Minho pulled him closer, their bodies practically glued next to the counter.

Jisung gulped, unconsciously grabbing Minho's collar, both of their breath pace increasing.

Suddenly Minho's phone rang, snapping them from their dreams, but they didn't pulled away until the noise started disturbing them.

Jisung turned back to his dish, his waist tingling from Minho's sensation where Minho was holding him, missing the heat. All of a sudden his waist felt lonely, without an arm snaked around it.

Fuck, I am screwed. He thought.

"Yes? Ah, okay. I will be there in an hour." He bit his lip, throwing a glance at Jisung who didn't look up before hanging up. "I'm sorry, Jisung. There is an emergency in the company. I have to be there."