MIK 60

60: Proposal

Jisung was standing at the arrival area of the Suvarnabhumi airport, looking everywhere to get a glimpse of the familiar face. He turned around ready to take a seat when he heard a loud breathless shot from a far which made the young man turn around.

"I'm so sorry, kid. There was a huge traffic jam because of an accident." Jisung gasped, looking at the elderly man in panic.

"Are you okay, uncle?"  Minho's driver chuckled, making Jisung pout as he helped the old man to carry the luggage.

"I'm fine. I hope the one who got into the accident is okay." Jisung mumbled a small 'me too' as he nodded his head. After closing the covered space at the back of the car, he turned around grinning.

"You didn't break the promise, right?" The uncle jokingly slapped Jisung's arms as they both chuckled.

"How can I do that to my favourite kid?" Jisung smiled, nodding enthusiastically. "I know I'm your favourite." He exclaimed proudly, which made the driver chuckle at his antics.

The driver opened the front door and took the package, giving it to Jisung who held it in his hands, feeling totally giddy.

Being seated in the back of the car, Jisung looked outside the car window in excitement. Finally, he would be meeting his husband after the long hiatus of two months. He felt like a newly-wed; nervous and unaware of how to act.

The driver shook his head, smiling secretly as he turned the wheels, taking the shortcut to avoid the traffic jam. The evening sun was blazing brightly giving out its orange hue around the place. The sunset, passing trees, the place itself looked ever so beautiful in Jisung's eyes. Was it always this beautiful?

Only a few more minutes were left for them to reach the couple's residence and Jisung felt like jumping around in excitement especially since Minho doesn't know about his arrival.

It was his plan; to make a surprise appearance in front of his husband, who in fact has isolated himself from everyone's eyes, making pitiful excuses like 'do not disturb me' or 'I am busy'.

Jisung didn't make any calls for Minho, however he would occasionally confront his both families who told him about Minho's behaviour, which made him feel amused by his husband's antics.

The car came to a halt which made the young man snap out of his thoughts. He glanced outside and saw that they reached their home.

Without much thought he opened the car door, skipping on his way towards the house. The driver got out, chuckling at the kid's enthusiasm. He looked behind at the car and shook his head.

"I guess, the luggages can be delivered to the maid." He mumbled, helping himself out to take the luggage.

Whereas Jisung entered the house by unlocking the password and saw their maid coming out of the kitchen with her bag indicating that she already finished her chores.

"Oh my! Mr.Jisung! What a surprise." She exclaimed, her eyes widened in surprise, but Jisung immediately shushed her. "Sh, lower your voice." The old lady immediately nodded, walking towards Jisung, hugging him. "Oh, dear. We missed you so much."

Jisung smiled, hugging her back with a sigh. They pulled away from the hug when a cough interrupted their moment. The driver chuckled, putting down the luggage, making Jisung gasp.

"Oh my… Sorry I forgot about the luggage!" Exclaimed Jisung, bowing down his head apologising to the driver who fought back another laugh.

"Kid, that's my work. Now go and greet the young master. He has been acting grumpy for the past few weeks! I don't want him to become a grandpa in his thirties." Jisung giggled at their teasing, nodding as he ran upstairs.

The uncle and old lady's eyes followed his moments until he disappeared, their heart swelling with happiness. They shared a small giggle before leaving the apartment to the young couple.

Jisung huffed, taking out a deep breath since he ran upstairs to reach Minho's work room. He rubbed his sweaty palms over the pants, feeling nervous. He patted his cheeks, gulping down the saliva that was forming over his mouth, licking his dry lips. He can't help it!

He knocked on the closed door, but there was no response from the other side. He knocked once again but this time with more force, startling the person inside.

"I told you, do not disturb me!" Jisung bit his lips, suppressing the giggle that was forming over his throat and knocked once again. He was startled, hearing the loud screeching sound of the chair. The door unlocked, revealing Minho's annoyed appearance.

"I told you not to… Jisung?" Jisung bit his lips, taking in Minho's appearance. The elder was wearing a casual shirt and pants, but what made Minho look attractive was the glasses that he was wearing.

"Hi." Jisung smiled, making Minho's eyes widened in shock. He blinked his eyes not knowing whether he was dreaming or not. Jisung giggled, taking his husband in for a bear hug startling the shocked Minho yet again.

"I missed you so much! I thought I would die." Minho's posture softened, realising that it wasn't a dream that Jisung was in front of him. He immediately hugged back; his one around Jisung's waist while the other over his head.

"You… you didn't called me nor texted me for a week,"

"Sorry," Jisung snuggled closer to the elder's warmth, " I just wanted to surprise you. Were you worried? Please say yes, because I was frustrated to death." Minho closed his eyes, leaving a small peck over Jisung's neck and mumbled,

"I was worried sick. I felt like I was on the edge of a thread for not being able to reach you. The only thing which made me think you were safe was the texts you have sent to Innie, if he didn't say that I wouldn't have wasted any second here." Jisung smiled, pulling away from the hug, but they still remained in the embrace.

"I wanted to hear your voice and wondered what you were doing and when you'd come back." Jisung leaned forward, giving a small peck over Minho's lips, making the elder shut up.

"You look tired. Are you overworking again?" Jisung looked inside the room through Minho's shoulders and saw the paper mess around the room. He leaned back, glaring at the elder.

"Is that production team being an ass again? I told you they are…" Minho stopped Jisung's angry rambling by kissing him making Jisung to shudder at the action.

They both closed their eyes, smiling as Jisung wrapped his arms around his husband's neck and pulled him in closer to deepen the kiss. Jisung  pulled away with another laugh and they both smiled, pecking each other's lips several times until something clicked in his mind.

"Wait!" Jisung pushed Minho slightly away and started mumbling something, making the elder confused. Suddenly Jisung dropped to his knees making Minho startled and on instinct he took a step back.

"Jisung...you just came back. We can do it later!" Jisung facepalmed at the panicking elder.

"You nasty idiot I wasn't going to do that. Wait." Jisung propped his one leg up, kneeling on the floor with one knee making Minho's eyes widen.

Is he…

"Minho Lee," Jisung smiled, " I am not that good at giving deep talks and I am not going to do that." He gulped, face turning serious,

"Minho, our marriage was kept as a secret because of the promise you gave me and due to our circumstances. So let's break it." Minho gasped as the younger took a small blue box out of his pants pocket, opening it to reveal two platinum rings.

"Like you said, I want the whole world to know that you are mine that we are each other's to claim. So," He took Minho's trembling hands in his, smiling widely.

"Will you marry this brat again?"