MIK 38

38: secret glances.

Jisung sneezed, huffing in irritation as he shivered from the coldness. He watched Minho taking out clothes from his closet. He was in Minho's room as per the elder's request.

Minho walked towards Jisung and gave him the clothes. " Here, take these clothes and go take some warm showers." Jisung took the clothes from Minho's hands and looked up.

"What about you?"

"I will use the guest room." Minho tilted his head to the direction," Now go. You will catch a cold." Jisung nodded, moving away from Minho who watched Jisung's every move carefully, until the latter closed the washroom door.

Jisung sighed as he placed the clothes near and glanced at the mirror, stunned by his appearance.

He was a mess. A total living mess.

His eyes were red and puffy from crying. Hair and clothes dishevelled.

Sighing, he stripped his clothes off and stood in front of the warm shower, cleaning his body thoroughly. He closed his eyes, remembering the incident that happened a few hours ago.

No, I'm not doing this out of pity. I'm doing this because I don't want you to be surrounded by misunderstandings.

Jisung came out of the bathroom, drying his hair with the towel and took his phone as he sat on the bed.

He paused his actions when he saw missed calls and texts from Hyunjin. Without any delay, he clicked over Hyunjin's number. After a few minutes, the latter picked up, only for Jisung to get yelled at.

"Where the fuck were you, Jisung!?" Jisung pushed the phone away from his ear. A loud person like Hyunjin yelling won't do any justice to one's ear.

"At Minho's workshop." Jisung mentally praised himself only to get it shattered.

"Yeah, right. No wonder Minho called me to ask about you."

"Minho called you?" He could imagine Hyunjin rolling his eyes from the other side.

"How do you think he found you?"

Right. Jisung thought, feeling himself stupid for not giving it a thought.

"Jisung?"

"Huh?" Jisung snapped out his thoughts. "Sorry, I didn't hear you. What were you saying?" Hyunjin sighed.

"What happened?" Jisung could hear Hyunjin's worried voice, making him sigh. It's not like Hyunjin was obligated to follow him around all the time, but being there since Jisung's worst times, he always felt the need to share everything with Hyunjin.

Like how a child shares the smallest things to its mother.

"I saw Seungmin." Jisung sat down as he heard Hyunjin gasp in shock. "I didn't expect to bump into him. So I kinda ran away from the workshop. The worst part is that he is the songwriter of Minho's new series."

"Which means you will see him often? Damn that's fucked up." Jisung nodded, feeling tired.

"Hyunjin, I will call you tomorrow, is that okay?" Hyunjin voiced out in acknowledgement, disconnecting the call, giving the space Jisung needed.

A knock on the door startled Jisung who was lost in his thoughts. He said a small 'come in' and a freshly showered Minho came into view, wearing baggy pants with a tank top.

"Done showering?" Jisung nodded, watching Minho coming towards him in a daze.

Jisung felt himself wanting to be near Minho, to feel his comforting warmth, but he was scared to approach that comfort, believing that soon everything would turn out to be a dream.

A dream that he never dreamt about.

"Your hair is damp, Han." Jisung blinked his eyes innocently, making Minho's heartbeat quicken. The elder immediately snatched the towel from Jisung, placing it over Jisung's head.

The time Minho was drying Jisung's hair, the younger's mind was on alert. He felt completely weirded out by Minho's behaviour.

He doesn't know what to expect from Minho as the latter was helping him in a suffocating silence. Jisung was scared to break the silence.

"I already told my manager to buy us dinner." Jisung glanced at the mirror as Minho swirled his long fingers through Jisung's black hair, smoothly drying it with the hair dryer.

Jisung hummed as Minho placed the hair dryer over the dressing table and the actor looked at him, staring straight into the mirror as they locked eyes with each other. They didn't break eye contact, staring one another through the mirror, heartbeat quickening at an unknown rhythm.

This time Jisung didn't feel suffocated, instead he felt calm. Something about the presence of Minho was making him feel mixed emotions. One time he felt like running away from Minho, but the very next second he craved for the presence of the older.

It confused him as days passed by.

It was already twenty past eleven when the husbands sat down to eat the takeout brought by Minho's manager.

Jisung stared at the food blankly, occasionally picking on them. They were his favourite, but at the moment the food in front appeared to be his least favourite one meanwhile Minho observed him by taking small bites without asking anything.

Watching Minho's unusual behaviour made Jisung upset and the said person stood up, leaving the table making Jisung to feel disturbed.

Later that night, Jisung sent a brief voice message to Hyunjin and laid down on his bed, exhausted.

Usually, Minho was someone who checked his company E-mails and pending works before going to bed so watching him leaving to the bedroom straight after washing his dishes made Jisung a bit uneasy.

It made him think that maybe Minho did all of these just for his own sake. Jisung was a tsundere therefore it would have a handful of work for Minho to bring Jisung back, safely. Also, Minho couldn't risk getting his pictures shot by paparazzi, especially with Jisung.

Considering that they were husbands by secret.

A knock on the door interrupted Jisung's train of thoughts. He knew it was Minho and he was curious as to why the older all of a sudden was knocking on his door. It's not like Minho has anything over Jisung's room.

"Come in." Jisung uttered, pushing himself into the mattress, snuggling even more further as the door opened which made him shut his eyes, pretending to be half asleep, but it was all in vain when he felt the bed dipping in weight which forced Jisung to open his eyes.

There he was; his husband, glancing at him with an unreadable expression making Jisung slowly remove the duvet from his body, sitting up as he glanced at the older with raised eyebrows, confused to the brim.

Whereas the said person was having an inner conflict. Minho was suddenly feeling cold, his heart felt like it was running a marathon, continuously thumping against his chest like it was going to jump out any time soon.

He felt the urge to go out and take a puff from the cigarettes which was unusual for him since he wasn't someone to smoke. Drinks are fine, but no smoke was his policy.

Finally, Minho decided to open his mouth after the long silent treatment stund he pulled at Jisung.

"Can we talk about today?"