MIK 20

20: A beginning.

"Good morning." Minho paused on his steps and saw Jisung coming out of the other room, fully dressed, greeting him with a slight smile.

"Morning." Minho replied, yawning, "When did you wake up?"

"A few moments ago," Jisung replied, peeking at Minho.

"Still sleepy?" Minho nodded, sitting on the sofa. "I have problems when it comes to sleeping in new places." He lied.

He doesn't have problems with sleeping in new places as he has gotten used to it, but he can't let the younger one know that the latter was the reason that he couldn't get any sleep.

Yesterday, Minho was wide awake when Jisung entered the room. He wanted to discuss a few things with the younger one, but it got more awkward than he thought.

"One step at a time." He remembers Jisung telling him, but he doesn't know whether it's relevant because there was only one year for their marriage contract to end; where they will get the divorce papers.

One year for them to decide what type of relationship they wanted.

"Wait," Jisung uttered when Minho stood up," Should I order something for us before we go out?" Minho shook his head.

"Nah, there is a small cafe around here. Let's go there to eat something first." Jisung nodded watching the older leave.

Yeah, maybe starting a conversation here and there was not that bad.

When they were done, they left the cottage in search of the cafe Minho told them before. Finally, they found a small but cozy cafe to eat.

Minho also read about this cafe when he was finding places to visit on the island so he knew their food was delicious as expected the food was mouth-watering and they started digging in.

After finishing, Minho paid the bill even though Jisung said that they should split the bills which Minho objected to by saying, "Enjoy the days with me as my friend."

After that, they came back to the cottage and started their journey with the car they rented for the two weeks much to Jisung's surprise.

He didn't know the latter had an international driver's permit and when he asked about it Minho replied by saying,

"I acted in a Thai series a few years back as a second lead, and in that, there were few scenes where I had to drive, so here I am."

They arrived at Pattaya Beach and it was such an eye-pleasing sight, especially the red and white horse-shaped lighthouse.

They took several pictures of the scenery and took individual selfies, but both of them were cowards to take pictures together.

Yes, cowards indeed.

Later they visited the local traditional market. They both walked together so as not to get lost in the busy crowd who came to enjoy the delicious local food. There was a dumpling stall like we'd seen at other markets, but with unique ingredients.

Especially the black pork with octopus. Two flavors that meshed better than they could have imagined. The dumpling was completely stuffed with chunks of ground pork and delectable cuts of octopus.

Both the males savored it like there was no tomorrow and not only that they tried every possible dish that they found intriguing.

"I didn't know celebrities would eat food like that. Thought you guys stick to diet plans." Jisung said, gulping down the food.

"We do," Minho  said, taking a piece of coconut shrimp and moaning at the taste," but I usually follow diets when I have any upcoming work, other than that I only worry about being healthy and doing skincare." Minho exclaimed, looking at the dish, " And these dishes are made with hygiene, so I'm fine.