Cam's very recognizable black curls catch my eye, and although disoriented and laying down, I make out the slanted picture pretty quickly.

"Hey... Are you okay?" She scoots to the edge of the chair she's sitting in.

I try lifting my head, but it's surprisingly heavy and only makes the rest of my body pulse in more discomfort. I grimace before falling back.

"Where are we?"

"The nurse's office."

I switch to the other side, looking out the door again, and more easily make out the setting as the front office. It was a different angle since I've never been in the back before, and it didn't explain how I ended up here.

"Do you, do you remember what happened?"

The question was so strange I almost didn't think it was meant for me. Turning back to Cam, I try to understand what she means, and why she's looking so concerned.

Do you remember what happened?

Hm. Let's see, the last thing I remember before this is... leaving Culinary Arts class. And then there were hallways, but other than that I'm strangely unclear about why that memory's foggy.

"Weren't we just in the locker wing?"

"Yeah. And then you passed out."

Did I hear that right? "What?"

"You just, like, collapsed in the middle of the hallway on the way to your locker." Her eyes were watching me closely, waiting to see if I remembered.

"... Are you serious?"

"Yes. Do you remember any of it?"

"No... Did I really? I mean, I don't..."

"Yeah. You were stumbling through the hallway bumping into people and before that you were sweating and fanning yourself in class and acting pretty out of it..."

Okay, being hot in class I remember. Which, I also remember thinking that was normal because once the cooking starts it always got hotter from the heat. It's why everyone in class is always glad the regular temperature of the room is as cold as the rest of the school.

But, now I get that maybe that doesn't make sense, since we didn't actually cook anything today...

Oh. This might not be good.

I try to think, try to remember more, but laying on my back like this and trying to talk to Cam at this angle wasn't helping.

I move my arms this time. Shifting on the padding, I realize it's one of those inclined patient bed things. I was only somewhat angled up, head elevated mainly, but it made it a little easier to use my arms and sit up with a lot of effort. My entire body was protesting. There was this inexplicable soreness in my limbs, and dizziness rising from the back of my head. And in general there was just this overall feeling of crappiness sitting in my chest and bones. And now that I'm paying attention, I am really hot. Even around my neck and face which aren't even covered by the zip up.

Geez, is this how I felt all day? Why wouldn't I have noticed–

"I don't know if you should do that," Cam reaches for me tentatively. "The nurse said you have a fever."

"Ohhh, that's not good," I laugh, brushing my sleeve over my forehead.

Well. Leo's gonna kill me.

"Yeah, so maybe you should lay back down because you're still not lookin' right. I think she said your temperature's at like a hundred and one."