Chapter 57: Momma Rei pt 2

After the exam, Shoto and I obviously became best friends again. What was the first thing we did? A sleepover. His father wasn't home that night and we had a lot to catching up to do.

Shoto and I practically talked the entire night while watching a zombie movie: he was curious about zombie behavior in the movies.
Did forget we have school the next day? Yes.

"We need to set an alarm *pant* to remind us to sleep *pant*." I said as I tried to catch my breath; I changed my shoes and put them in the locker.

"Agreed. *pant* We should hurry. It's already 8:17." He said.

I nodded and we both speed-walked to the hero-course building and then to our classroom. The first thing we saw when we entered were a bunch of depressed teenagers.

"Everyone... I'm looking forward... to hear your stories... about training camp..." Mina said as she cried.

"You're still crying over that, Mina...?" I said and facepalmed. Oh yeah... Mina texted nonstop about failing the exam ever since the it ended.

"Y/N!!!!" Mina and Pikachu launched themselves onto me. "Can you please, please, please! Tell Mr. Aizawa to let us go to the training camp?" They begged, clinging onto my arms.

"That's right! I beg you! Can you please ask him?" Kirishima and Sato joined.

"Have you all forgotten that he doesn't play favorites...?" I asked. The four of them became even more sullen.

"W-We don't know for sure yet! There might be a last-minute twist!" Midoriya said, in hopes of cheering them up.

Sero tapped Midoriya's shoulder. "Stop, Midoriya. If you say it out loud, you'll probably jinx it." He said.

Pikachu released his hold on my arm.
"If we failed the exams, then we'd have to skip training camp and stay in summer school! And since we didn't pass the practical exam..." he cried. "If you guys still don't get it, then you're dumber than monkeys!" He poked Midoriya in the eyes with two fingers: the poor boy screamed in pain.

"Calm down... school haven't even started yet, Pikachu. Midoriya doesn't need to go to the Recovery Girl again." I said with a Mina still clinging tight onto my arm.

"I don't know either. Our team passed thanks to Mineta but I was asleep the whole time. Anyway, since we don't know how they're scoring it..." Sero said, pointing at himself with his thumb while Midoriya covered his throbbing eyes with his hands, screaming.

"If you feel bad for us, then I dunno, bring me back lots of stuff!" Pikachu yelled.

The door slammed opened and everyone, I mean every single person, returned to their seats in an instant.

"Once the bell rings, you get into your seats." Shota stood in front of the door and walked through the middle of the class.

"Unfortunately, there are those who didn't pass the final exams. Accordingly, for the training camp in the woods... everyone's going!" He announced as he wore that infamous creepy smile of his.

"A last-minute twist!" My classmates who failed exclaimed in relief.

"We can go, too?!" Kirishima asked.

"Really?!" Mina asked with joyful tears.

"Yeah. In the practical, Kirishima, Kaminari, Ashido, Sato and Sero, you all failed." Shota said, "but only one failed the written exam and it's L/N." Shota announced.

Okay... I may or may not have lied about my score to my classmates...

"Do you have any idea how many braincells I lost just to study for things I'll never use, you homeless ninja?!" I yelled as I jolted up my seat, slamming both of my hands onto the desk.