Chapter 56: Pinky Promise

Muri gave me an understanding nod. "Good luck." She said with a proud smirk, crossing her arms. "Thank you." I said and ran to the monitor-room.

The automatic door opened, receiving a considerable amount of attention from my classmates, who were already in the monitor-room.

Pikachu and Mina's match had started but unfortunately, I didn't have time to watch.

Midoriya, Tsu, Yaoyorozu, Iida and Recovery Girl were the only ones here. 'Where are they...? Damn it.' I thought.

"Congrats on winning, L/N!" Midoriya said.
I scanned the room to find either Mr. Aizawa or Todoroki. "Are you here to watch Kaminari and Mina's match as well?" Iida asked.

"Are you looking for someone, kero?" Tsu placed a finger on her chin.

"Yes, where's Todoroki?" I asked.

"He should be in the student's lounge... but I'm not quite sure. Why?-"

I cut her off, "Thanks."

I turned on my heels and exited the monitor room. I ran in the direction of the student's lounge but I got lost...

No one could really blame me: the doors were literally all the same, except from the monitor room's.

I mean- We did get a pretty detailed tour and all. So these just leaves the question: how did I get lost?

I'm not sure, how about you ask my poor-sense of direction?

The empty hallways were sort of giving me the horror-game vibe. I constantly felt like something was behind me yet everytime I turned around, nothing was there.

For a second, I though I saw a creepy creature behind me, chasing me down; it sent shivers down my spine.

'Okay... I'm just paranoid. I'm just paranoid from the horror game I played last nig-'

My attempt of convincing myself that nothing was behind me was disturbed by a tap on my shoulder. I let out a high-pitched scream while shutting my eyes.

"ALL I WANT IS TO FIND TWO PEOPLE, I DIDN'T SIGN UP FO-" I yelled before the monster captured me. Hesitantly, I opened my eyes to see Mr. Aizawa. "Oh, it's just you." I sighed in relief.

"This is a restricted area. What are you doing, here?"

"I got lost." He let out a disappointed sigh at my response.

"I'll take you back to the student's lounge." He said.

I followed him as we walked, 'This is my chance to apologize.' I thought as I gulped nervously.

"Uhm... I... uh... I..."

He stopped in his tracks and turned his head around. "If you're going to say something, then say it." He said bluntly.

"I'm..." I took a deep breath and bowed.

"...I'm sorry for the things I said to you. Even though, you were right. I can't just say anything without evidence. It's just... I was-"

He smacked my head gently. "Idiot. It's fine."

"But I even tried to use this exam as an advantage to beat you up! Just to let you feel my pain! How could I be forgiven so easily?!"

"That's because it was my fault for not trusting you in the first place. I noticed something was wrong but I brushed it off: your father told me about how close you were with that girl." He said and started walking again.

"I still don't understand..." I mumbled underneath my breath and followed him.

After a short and silent walk with Mr. Aizawa, he stopped, causing me to bump into his back. "Now, go apologize to Todoroki before the exam ends." He said quietly.