Chapter 4: Friends

"Which of these English sentences is wrong?" Present Mic asked. The class was with silent the whole time. To be honest, this was so boring and I wouldn't blame them for being quiet. "Everybody, heads up Let's get this party started!" He tried to hype up the class. Yaoyorozu raised her hand up. "Okay, Yaoyorozu, come on!" He shouted.

After English class, it was lunch. I brought my own lunch to maintain my blood pressure high for my next period hero training.

I still did not have the courage to befriend anyone yet meaning that would never happen. I sneaked up to the rooftop to eat my lunch. The warm breeze of wind flowing through my hair was very calming.

I opened up the lunchbox's lid and the smell of raw meat made me want to go throw up but its good for my quirk. I signed as I started taking bites of it.

As I was enjoying my peaceful time eating my disgusting raw meat, the sound of the rooftop's door opened.

Panic mode: on

I immediately hid behind a wall, peaking my head over to see who was it to disturb my precious time being alone.

There stood a teenage boy with two different hair colour. 'Why is he so familiar?' I questioned myself.

Wait... isn't he from my class?

Todo something... "I see you there." A monotone voice interrupted my thoughts. Busted. 'I need stop this habit.' I mentally facepalmed myself.

"Sorry... I'll be leaving now." I said nervously as I hurriedly got up and went to the door. "Teachers are all round hallways right now." He said.

Shit... Just my luck...

"Thanks for the reminder..." I said, praying that the teachers would be disappear right now. I could hear the teachers chatting through the door. 'Please go away....' I begged as I sank down on the ground.

I couldn't believe that I'm stuck with a guy on the rooftop. The reason why I was not panicking is because his distance and mine for like kind of far away from each other.

'Make some friends. If someone tries to bully you, come find me and I'll deal with them personally, okay?'

'Should I give it a try?' I questioned myself, having trouble deciding whether I should not or not. I gained some courage. 'Breath in and breath out... Okay. I can do this." I told myself and strike up a conversation.

"Hey, what's your name?" I asked in a very weird tone. Oh my god... Why did I sound like a dying goat...? He must think I'm some kind of weirdo now.

"Shoto Todoroki." He replied bluntly, looking at me. Why was he looking at me? Did I do something wrong? Thoughts rushing in my head and began to overwhelm me.

'It's alright.' I told my repeatedly to calm myself down. "What are you doing on the rooftop?" I asked nervously. "Fresh air. What about you?" He said.

"About that..." I laugh nervously, trying to find an excuse. "The cafeteria is packed with people and I don't really like crowded places."

He gave me a side look. "I see..." He said. I realized that for the first time that I didn't feel nervous when I was talking to someone.

I gained some courage and decided to ask him if he wanted to be my friend. The bell rang as I was about to open my mouth. Not to mention, he left before I could even ask him any questions.

I signed in disappointment. 'Whatever, I'll ask another time.' I thought, knowing that there would be no 'another time'. I signed as I opened the door and left the rooftop.

~~~~~~

I successfully left the rooftop without getting caught and returned to my classroom, some student were already in their seats, chatting. My next class is Hero Basic Training. I returned to my seat, using one of my hand as a head resting