Chapter 31: Strange Voice

I was able to get back on my two feet slowly. My body was wobbly and every part of my body was aching in pain. I was well aware that I'm low on blood but my competitive ass wouldn't let me lose.

I increased the blood flow in my body once again and ran at Todoroki. He sent a fire pillar towards me. "Yes! Shoto! Beat her with it!" A shout came from one of the audience. No doubt that this was Endeavor's shout. "Shut the fuck up for once! We are tryna fight here." I yelled in annoyance as I dodged his attack.

I leaped into the air as I swung my legs at his head but he dodged it easily. Before he could grab my legs, I wrapped his right hand and yanked him away from me with all my strength as I landed on the ground.

My arms were aching even more as my eyelids were growing heavier and heavier. 'Don't faint now, Y/N!' I scolded myself and started coughing. I used my hand to cover my mouth and saw a red liquid on my hand.

A sudden desire for blood had taken comeplete control over me. I stared at my hand where there were blood on it. "Blood... I need it." I muttered quietly. My body no longer felt the aching pain but it had the excitement of drinking blood.

I ran at Todoroki at an inhuman speed as he sent an ice barrage at me. I punched the ice barrage and it shattered. As I was about to reach Todoroki, a wall appeared in front of me and I felt something hit against the back on my neck. The next thing I saw is complete darkness.

~~~~~~

"After all these years, I've finally found you, my----"

The mysterious voice jolted me awake as my breath became unsteady. 'What the fuck was that...?' I thought as I placed a hand on my forehead. I was in the infirmary again.

"You're awake." Recovery Girl rolled her chair toward me and did a quick check up. "I'm quite surprised that you woke up this quickly since you lost so much blood during your match." She said. I rubbed the back of my neck and let out a nervous laughter. Wait... Did she said 'my match'?

"What do you mean by 'my match'?" I asked, recalling that I didn't lose blood when I was fighting Iida. "Did you forget about your match with that boy?" She used her walking stick and pointed at the red and white hair boy who was sleeping beside the medical bed. "You went berserk and Midnight knocked you out." She said.

"So... I lost?"

"Unfortunately yes, hun." Recovery Girl nodded as she jumped off the chair and went beside the medical bed. "Wake up, she's awake." She smacked the sleeping Todoroki. "This boy followed the robots here and he refused to leave your side." She said, letting out a sign. Todoroki slowly opened his eyes. "Good morning, sleeping beauty." I said.

"You slept longer than me." He said lazily. "But I was the one who woke up first though." I rolled my eyes and stuck out my tongue. "Also, uh... I'm kinda sorry that I forced you use your flames and went berserk" I said embarrassingly.

"It's fine as long as you're okay." Todoroki stood up from his seat. "I'm going to the waiting room and prepare myself." He said and left the room, leaving me with Recovery girl. "Are you alright, L/N?" Recovery girl asked.

I nodded my head. "Why do you ask?" I asked, crooked my head a little. "While you're still unconscious, you seem like you're in distress and the amount of blood you lost duirng your match, there's no way someone could wake up that quickly." She said.

"After all these years, I've finally found you, my----"

I gulped as a sign of nervousness. 'Should I tell her...?' I thought. "Well...?" She said. I remained silent as I gave it a little thought. I opened my mouth but the words didn't come out. 'Why am I so hesitant...? It could be a warning... I might be in great danger.' I thought.