Chapter 34: Momma Rei

It was my day off, my mind was thinking about Stain ever since my father and Iida's brother got attacked by him. 'Hero Killer: Stain...' I thought as chills went down my spine. Just how dangerous is he...?

I looked at my clock. "Oh shit!" I jumped off the bed, remembering that I had to meet up with Todoroki at 12pm. I immediately rushed out of the house with a cap and a mask and ran to the station with my quirk.

In the distance, I spotted a familar red and white hair in his casual wear. I decided to sneak up on Todoroki. "BOO!" I shouted as I placed my hands on his shoulders. He flinched and turned his head over to me with his eyes widened.

I let out a wholeheartedly laughter out and used Todoroki's shoulder to balance myself. "Your face! Pfftt... BHAHAHAHAHA" I laughed and took off my mask. "It's your favorite friend, Y/N L/N!" I said dramatically. "Don't do that..." He signed. "I would've hurt you." He said.

"Sorry... I was curious if you would get scared." I wiped the tears off my eyes. "Anyway, let's go." I said.

~~~~~~

Our walk and train ride was silent. Todoroki kept his head down and lost in thought once again. I decided to let him think so I didn't bother him. We stood in front of a large white building with windows to view the outside of the hospital.

Todoroki and I entered the Fujitani Hospital and it looked exactly like an average hospital. Todoroki went to the receptionist and I followed him. "How can I help you, dear?" The receptionist lady asked. "I'm here to visit Rei Todoroki." Todoroki said calmly. "What business do you have with her?" The lady asked.

"I'm her son, Shoto Todoroki and I want to talk to my mom." He said. The moment when people heard 'Shoto Todoroki', I could hear some surprised gasps. "I-I see, please go ahead. She's in room 315." The lady said.

Todoroki walked away from the receptionist and so did I but the receptionist lady stopped me. "Hey, you the lady with the mask and cap!" She shouted. I halted and pointed at myself nervously. "Y-Yes...?" I stuttered.

"She's with me." Todoroki spoke up. I signed in relief. "I see but please take your mask and cap off." She said. I thought I could get away with this. I really didn't want to but I had no other choices so I took it off.

"Oh my god... It's the Reaper's daughter!"

"Holy shit, she's prettier and hotter in person."

"But her quirk is just like a villain's quirk."

The moment I heard that comment about me. My body froze.

"You're right..."

'Not this again...' I thought as I put on my cap; facing the ground, biting the bottom of my lips, clenching both of my fists. More negative comments about me were spreading in the lobby.

My eyes felt watery but I didn't let a single tear drop and focused on my breathing only. "Shut up all of you." Todoroki said coldly and grabbed on my wrist and started dragging me away from the lobby.

Todoroki dragged me to the lift. "Are you alright?" He asked. "Y-Yeah, let's just go to visit your mother." I said and forced a smile to form onto my lips. "If you say so..." He said.

The lift's door open and I could hear our footsteps echoing in the empty hallways as we walked out to room 315. Todoroki was reached the door's handle but he let go. "Hey, Todoroki." I placed my hand on his hand and put it on the door handle. "Don't worry, everything will to be fine." I said as I let go of his hand.

Todoroki took a deep breath and slid the door open, revealing a beautiful white haired woman looking out the window in a hospital pajama. He walked forward and turned his head over to me, waiting for me to come in.