Chapter 33: Award Ceremony

Even Bakugo woke up and he was ready to murder Todoroki but I stopped him from doing so with my quirk. Luckily, two U.A. security guards came to the rescue and took him away.

"L/N...?" A montone tone voice said. I launched myself toward Todoroki and knocked the chair on the ground by accident. I wrapped my arms around his neck. The mixture of cold and hot didn't bother me that much but what bothered me the most was Todoroki's wellbeing. "Please don't you ever ever scare me like that again." I mumbled into his neck.

"Sorry..." Todoroki said as he wrapped his strong arms around my torso and tightened his hug. "Also you owe me two (favorite snack)." I said and let go of the hug. "I thought I only owe you one..." He loosened his grip and let go of the hug too.

"One for not beating Bakugo's ass. Another one for making me worried." I flicked his forehead. "Are you feeling okay?" I asked. He nodded. "I think... I know what to do to." He said. I let out a 'hm' as a sign of curiosity. "I have to visit my mom but..." He paused for a moment. "I'm quite worried of what her reaction would be." He said.

"If that's the case, do you want me to tag along with you?" I asked. He nodded and thanked me. "Jesus... Keep the flirting to yourself..." A voice appeared out of nowhere and interfered our little chat. "We weren't flirting..." I said.

"Whatever you say, L/N." Recovery girl did a small check up on Todoroki. "The award ceremony is about to begin so you lovebirds better hurry." She said.

At this point, I didn't even bother arguing with her about my relationship with Todoroki. An annoyed sign escaped from my mouth. "You heard her, let's go." I said as I got up from my seat and we both headed to a certain room to get ready for the ceremomy.

~~~~~~

I opened the door and spotted two buff U.A. scurity guards chaining Bakugo up on the first place pedestal. "Don't touch me, scum! Die!" Bakugo stopped shouting and noticed Todoroki has entered the room. "Half and half bastard! I'll kill you-" Those two security were not having any of his bullshit and put a muzzle on Bakugo's mouth. 'Isn't that a little too much...?' I thought as I sweat-dropped.

Todoroki walked to the second place pedestal as I walked to the third place pedestal. I stood beside my crow classmate, Tokoyami that reminded me I haven't thanked him for saving my life. "Thank you, Tokoyami." I said as I bowed slightly.

"For what?" He asked. "Have you forgotten that you literally saved my life?" I said and chuckled softly. "If you're referring to that incident, it's the right thing to do so there is no need to thank me." He said and crossed his arms.

The ceiling above us opened and the loud cheers from the audience were growing louder and louder as the pedestal that I was standing on rosed up slowly. I got to admit I was a little embarrassed that over a million people had to see one of my classmate being chained up like a prisoner but it couldn't be helped since he wouldn't stop shouting or try to fight the poor Todoroki.

"He is like a man-eating fiend." Tokoyami commented and took a glance embarrassingly. "That's just how Bakugo works." I let out a quiet sign and facepalmed.

"Y/N! Over here!" I looked over to where the voice came from. "Congrats!" Mina shouted as she waved her arms and jumping like a total menace. In return, I gave her a smile as a thanks. I noticed that Iida weren't here and Midoriya looked somewhat worried. That reminded me Iida's brother was in the hospital. 'I hope his brother would be alright and Iida too...' I thought.

"Now, we will award the medals! The presentation of the medals will, of course, be by this man..." Muri pause as a very loud and enthusiastic laugh came from the very top of the stadium. My eyes followed the laugh and saw a familiar muscular man diving off the roof. "I have brought the medals here!" All Might shouted as "Our very own hero, All Might!" Muri also shouted.

All Might landed on the ground and everyone halted at the awkward introduction. "I talked over you..." Muri apologized. "Now then, All Might please present the medals, starting with third place." She said.

All Might took the medals and marched over to me and Tokoyami with Muri. "Young Tokoyami, Congratulations." Tokoyami bowed his head as All Might put the medal around his neck. "You sure are strong." He said.

"You're too kind." Tokoyami said. "However..." I stepped back a little as All Might hugged Tokoyami and patted his back. "To fight well against different types, you mustn't rely only on your quirk. If you train your own strength more, then you'll have more options when you fight." He said and let go of the hug.

All Might stepped back and was about to get another medal. "I wanted Muri to give me my medal..." I muttered quietly as I pouted and crossed my arms. All Might whispered something to Muri and he took the tray of medals. Muri walked forward with a medal on her hands.

I bowed my head down as she placed a medal around my neck. "Oh, my sweet Y/N..." She pulled me into a hug and I returned her hug. I missed her hugs so fucking much. "You've really grown, just like Aizawa said... I'm so proud of you." She let go of the hug with a proud and gentle smile. "In the future, I believe you'll definitely become a great hero." She said quietly.

"Yes, ma'am!" I said with pride and both her and All Might made their way over to Todoroki. I looked at the bronze medal and gently squeezed it as a smile curved onto my lips. 'This is my first step of becoming a hero.' I thought.

Tokoyami nudged my arm and caused me to flinch. "Lets go." He said. I let out an 'o' and jumped off the pedestal. Tokoyami and I walked back to our class and waited Muri to dismiss us.

~~~~~~

"Good work so there'll be no school tomorrow or the day after. I'm sure pro heroes who watched the sports festival will want to recruit you but we'll consolidate everything and announce it when you get back so rest well, and look forward to that." Mummy man said.

"Yes sir!" The whole class replied. 'Man... I can't wait to go home...' I thought and picked up my bag. My phone started to vibrating inside my bag. Caller: Father. I clicked the call button.

"Hey... Uh... Please don't murder me but I sorta sprained my ankles really badly."

I let out an annoyed sign. "Who were you fighting?" I asked.

"Stain."

My breath hitched, the rumors flowing around the internet about this guy called 'Stain' was honestly creepy. I took a deep breath and calmed down.

"So... You can't come home?"

"Sorry, kid but I'll make it up to you. Promise!"

"You better."

"I'll talk with you later, see you."

"Alright, see you and be careful next time." I said and clicked the hung up button and left the classroom.