☆ Don't Train With Derek Hale ☆

Start from the beginning

"Or who?" Tara asked, quieter.

"No. But the Argents will." Deaton said, the two teens eyes snapping to him. "And this is a crucial part. They'll have some kind of record or book. It'll have descriptions, histories, notations of all the things they've discovered."

"All- all the things?" Scott stammered, as a car pulled into the parking lot, Tara whipping her head to the closed door. "How many different things are there?"

"We have to go, Scott." Tara said, tugging on the hand she was still holding. He let himself be pulled to one of the supply closets. Tara and Scott pressing themselves to the wall as footsteps told them the Argents had entered the room.

"I'm starting to think I need to buy a more prominent 'closed' sign." Deaton said, annoyance obvious in his tone. More shuffling happened in the room, someone else entering the room.

"Hello, Alan." Gerard said, Tara heard as Alan's heart quickened. The senior hunter seemed to scare almost everyone he encounted. "It's been a while. The last I heard, you had retired."

"Last I heard, you followed a code of conduct." Deaton said back, standing his guard. Tara doesn't want that to be what kills him.

"If you hadn't noticed, this body is one of ours." Chris said, the new information made Tara want to feel less sympathy for the guy. But Tara was only part wolf, she couldn't bring herself to hate the guy who had to have died in extreme pain.

"I did." Deaton said, his tone clipped. "I also noticed the gunpowder residue on his fingertips. So don't assumed I'll be swayed by your philosophy just 'cause I'll answer a few questions."

"He was only 24." Chris said, it felt like a punch to Tara's gut. He was only 8 years older than her.

"Killers come in all ages." Deaton said, not allowing himself to get guilt tripped like Tara.

"All ages, sizes, shapes." Gerard said, his voice seeming to command the room in a way Tara didn't like. "It's the last one that concerns us."

"How about you tell us what you found?" Chris asked, being the only one trying to get answers. More footsteps, they were rearranging themselves.

"See this cut?" Deaton asked, Tara hearing how he cracked the neck to show said cut. "Precise. Almost surgical. But this isn't the wound that killed him. This had a more interesting purpose."

"Relating to the spine?" Gerard asked, it almost made Tara laugh. It was like she was watching a crime show. She'd rather be sitting on Vivian's couch with Naomi and Vivian sitting close, watching a show she had to look away from at least 3 times an episode.

"That's right." Deaton said. "Whatever made this cut was laced with paralytic toxin potent enough to disable all motor functions."

Tara assumed Deaton was motioning the the cuts on his body when he said his next sentence. "These are the causes of death. Notice the patterns on each side?"

"Five, for each finger." Chris said, something Tara had noticed as well. She was trying to keep her focus on the conversation and not the fact that she was pressed closely to Scott McCall. The guy she was trying to get over.

"Each claw." Gerard corrected, if it was him on that table Tara wouldn't feel an ounce of sorrow.

"As you can see, it dug in, slashed upward, eviscerating the lungs and slicing through the bone of the rib cage with ease." Deaton continued to explain, confusion laced in his voice.

"Have you ever seen anything like this before?" Chris asked, wanting to get to the bottom of what exactly happened. Not trying to blame.

"No." Deaton said.