38| The Coach's Office

Start from the beginning

"What?" We chorused.

"Please stop doing that!" He shut his eyes in frustration.

"I guess we're more alike than we both," I laughed and Myra nodded.

"Even our ideal type matches," She added.

"I'm leaving.... I have to practice more," He said and hurriedly walked away.

"Okay bye," We both said to his disappearing back and burst out in laughter once he was gone.

"Oh my goodness, that was gold," I laughed.

"Tell me about it," She agreed.

Our laughter slowly died down and we found ourselves sipping our drinks in silence.

"It's getting pretty dark," She mumbled and I hummed in response.

"Myra..... When you saw him again," I said. "Did you feel any past emotions coming back?"

She laughed in disgust. "Past emotions? They're still present Xenia. It's not something that can just be changed. But I know the truth and I won't let myself get hurt again.... Wait don't tell me you fell for him all over again."

"What!? Absolutely not!"

"Oh my God Xenia," She cried and turned my shoulders to face her. "I know he has that perfect blonde hair and blue eyes and that his smile and God isn't he a good kisser? But guess what he's also the worse asshole of all, well apart from a rapist and the rest. And he's a terrible person. He's playing with your feelings!" She said. "He might look perfect on the outside but he's rotten on the inside."

"I know, I know," I breathed and stared down at my hands.

"If it makes you feel better. I cried myself to sleep last night and cried before coming here just because of that rotten piece of trash. You're not alone. It's also hard for me and that's why..... we have each other."

"I'm sorry that this happened to you," I said. "That this happened to us."

"Never apologize on behalf of someone like him," She snapped. "I can't believe I'm the one saying all this, it's like your spirit entered me ew."

I chuckled and shook my head.

"Do you want to eat dinner?" I asked, expecting her to decline food like she always does but to my surprise, she smirked and nodded.

"I would love to."

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

"He dumped you because of that?" I questioned with my mouth hanging and she nodded with her eyes shut.

"I was humbled for real. I mean how would he dump me? I only agreed to date him because I felt bad saying no," She snickered and took a bite of her dish.

"Goodness, that's a wild experience. Do you have his picture? I want to see the guy who dumped you because you weren't on his level anymore," I laughed as I refilled my glass with wine.

"Wait I'm coming," She said searching her purse for her phone. "Here," She said after a while and kept her phone which had the Instagram page of a guy on the screen in front of me.

"Whoah!" I cooed. His feed was the perfect combination of aesthetically pleasing and sexy. "He's hot," I said looking at Myra from under my lashes.

"Oh please. He wasn't like that in high school! He got a glow-up because of me. I made him into what he is and he dumped me the second he started getting bitches." She rolled her eyes, taking a sip from the wine in her glass.