ch. 47

As you continued fighting, you felt yourself becoming tired. You had already defeated so many. How much more can your body take?

As you stared at the fallen bodies around you, you stared up into the pale sky. If you drowned out the noise of the fight.

It would be the perfect place to die...

Taking a deep breath through your nose, you brought yourself back to reality as you looked around and saw Senju who was now fighting her brother.

"Senju..." You said as you walked over to her. As you came closer, you watched as Sanzu hit his sister across the head with the metal pipe he held in his hands.

"Senju!!" You screamed as you ran to her aid.

"Vice Captain Sanzu defeated Senju!!!"

"Senju..." You said as tears fogged your vision. She was unconscious yet, still breathing. You sighed in relief.

"Don't scare me like that." You said to Senju but got no response. You knew that Senju wouldn't want you seeing her like this.

Standing up, you took in a deep breath and closed your eyes. Opening them again, you stared up at Pah who was now on top of the cargo shipment boxes with Mikey.

"That's not good." You said to yourself as you were hit across the head with a pipe which knocked you to the ground.

"You're my opponent now."

Staring up, you saw Hanma who pulled down his black mask. "Fine by me." You said standing up again as blood trickled down your face.

As you threw punches, Hanma did them in return, only stronger. You were exhausted, running on pure adrenaline. You can't win this fight alone.

Hanma had tired you out, and you were now panting out of breath. He saw that you were now weak so he took his chances and gave you one last punch to knock you out.

"That was easy." Hanma said as he walked away.

"Hanma defeated (Y/n)!! Things are only getting better!!"

As the Kantou Manji Gang cheered, you lay on the ground beside Senju. Your eyes felt heavy yet, you couldn't close them. Not yet.

You watched as Hanma walked away from you with his hands in his pockets. "Don't take it personal, love." Hanma said as you gritted your teeth.

Your head was spinning. We're you concussed? Probably, considering the force that Hanma had hit you at. You most likely were.

"I'm sorry." You said as tears fell down your face and onto the ground. "We really are weak, right?" You asked looking over at Senju who was still out cold.

Slowly, you felt yourself getting tired and eventually passed out from exhaustion. You were tired of fighting. You couldn't handle it anymore.

Why did things have to be like this? Fighting against a team of 500 with only 50 people. It was useless.

You were never going to win.

What's the point in trying?

Is there really any meaning? You we're fighting for love that wasn't meant to be.

Just like Takemichi said, you and Mikey never had a happy ending. Your lives always ended in either one of us dying. Why should you even fight for this love anymore?

Is there really a spark still there?

But yet, maybe there is. Maybe, if you fight for it. Maybe, if you can fight for it, you can do it!

As you tried to stand up, your legs wouldn't move but, you still pushed yourself. Standing up, you looked around you and saw many of our captains had fallen. It was hopeless.

"Move!!"

Looking ahead of you, you saw a motorcycle approaching you. Was this how you die? It was just like 2 years ago.

You jumped out of the way of the motorcycle and saw that it was someone in a Toman uniform.

"You made it!" You said in relief.

"Taiju..."

-flashback-

"Good to see you again, Taiju." You said as you met in an alleyway hours before the battle.

"You want to join us, right?" You asked as Taiju sighed. "If there's anyone who I want to fight with in tomorrows battle. It's Takemitchy. In our battle, 2 years ago. I realised something. That Takemitchy Hanagaki is the man I want to call my leader." Taiju said as you smiled and nodded your head.

"Here." You said as you handed a Toman uniform.

"Just don't forget who you're fighting against." You said to Taiju as he nodded his head.

-end-

"Mitsuya. This uniform is too small!" Taiju announced.

"You're here, huh?" Mitsuya asked.

"You're kidding me!" Hakkai yelled in shock.

"A little bit too late." You said smiling to yourself.

"2nd Gen Tokyo Manji Gang 6th division captain, Shiba Taiju! I've got front row tickets to see Hanagaki beat up Mikey!" Taiju said smiling in delight.

"Huh?! Big bro is in the 2nd Gen Toman?!" Hakkai asked.

"Are you kidding me... That Taiju is working under Takemitchy?!" Chifuyu asked in shock with his mouth wide open as Taiju walked over to you.

"Come on. The only way that Hanagaki will ever get to Mikey, is if we clear a path for him." Taiju said as you smiled.

"I'm right beside you." You said to Taiju as the three of you ran into battle.

"Let's go!!" Taiju yelled at you and Takemichi as you all ran into battle.

As you and Taiju powered through the crowds, Taiju was stopped by Benki and Wakaza.

"You sure are a tough guy." Benki said to you both.

"You revived the Black Dragons, huh?" Wakaza asked Taiju.

"We won't allow either of you to reach Mikey." Benki said.

"I see, the first gens. Just a bunch of retired old men. You think you can beat me?!" Taiju asked them both.

"That spirit alone won't bring you to victory, young'un." Benki said.

"(Y/n), go. This is my fight. Go and reach Mikey with Hanagaki." Taiju said to you as you nodded your head and continued to fight and clear a path for Hanagaki.

"Look, up there." You said to Takemichi as you saw Mikey standing on the shipment containers.

"Out of the way!!" You yelled and defeated more of the Kantou Manji Gang.

As you stood out of breath, you watched as Takemichi ran out in front of you and stood before Mikey on the containers. Now, you can finally rest.

Smiling in delight, you watched as Takemichi exchanged words with Mikey. "We did it." You said in delight as a loud gun shot was heard through the crowds.