ch.30

It's been a little over a month since you and Mikey got back together and you've been a lot happier together. Right now, your waiting for Mikey and Takemichi with Hina.

"Tomans disbanded huh?" Hina asked me as the two of us sat in a cafe.

"Yeah... Mikey felt it was for the best for all of us... it's like you said, Toman becomes corrupt in the future, right?" You asked Hina as she smiled a small bit.

"I'm glad that you and Mikey got to work things out again. Hopefully, the future will change. And that you and I will still be best friends." Hina said looking at her hands as tears welled in her eyes.

"Hey, me and you are always going to be friends." You said leaning over the table and placing my hands on Hina's while giving her a smile of reassurance.

"What's up?"

"Hey guys." You said turning around to see Mikey and Takemichi standing there. "Come with me." Mikey said to me.

"Where?" You asked looking at Mikey. "It's a surprise. Now come on!" Mikey said grabbing your hand and dragging you out of the cafe out to his motorcycle.

Handing you a helmet, you placed it on your head as Mikey started it up. You got on the back and held onto Mikeys waist tight while resting my head on his back.

"We're almost there... it's just a bit further." Mikey said turning his head slightly. You nodded your head and you continued driving to the unknown destination.

"We're here." Mikey said as he began to slow down as we arrived. Looking around, you realised where you actually were.

"It's the bridge..." You said hopping off the back and heading over to the railing on the bridge. Looking over at the view that you could never get sick of, you took in a deep breath and allowed your whole body to relax.

"(Y/n)?" Mikey asked.

"What's up Mi-"

"The future which Takemichi has come from. You and I were never together. So in 12 years, will you marry me?" Mikey asked down on one knee with a ring in his hands.

Covering over my mouth with your hand, you stood in shock as tears began to fall onto my cheeks. "Yes... of course I'll marry you." You replied with nodding your head and holding your hand out for Mikey to put the ring on.

Sliding the ring on, Mikey stood up again and you tackled him into a hug with tears streaming down your eyes.

"Are they happy tears?" Mikey asked and you nodded your head which received a light chuckle from Mikey.

"I love you..." you said pulling away from the hug. "I love you more..." Mikey said putting his hands on either side of your face and pulling you in for a kiss.

Maybe... the future won't be all that bad now...

I'll see you in 12 years Manjiro...

_______________________________
12 years in the future
Haruki Hayashida and Yumi Moris wedding
_______________________________

"Hina... go tell that fiancé to hurry up. He's going to miss it!" (Y/n) shouted at her best friend who ran down to the bathroom to find her fiancé.

Taking her seat, (Y/n) sat beside Draken as Hina and Takemichi rushed through the doors of the wedding reception.

"And now, the main characters of the day— our newly wed couple!"

"Uh... thank you for coming today... the clouds are not overcasting and it's— uh... sunny." Pah said trying to think of something to say.

"Are you doing a weather forecast?!" One of the guests shouted.

"Shut up!! Pah got his brains dried up okay?!" Peh shouted trying to defend Pah.

"Peh-yan, you're always so noisy." Mitsuya said with a smile.

"Shut up Mitsuya!" Peh shouted getting aggressive.

"Peh... tone it down a bit please?" (Y/n) asked with a smile.

"Yes (Y/n)..." Peh said nodding his head as he sat back down in his chair.

"Notice how Peh shuts up as soon as (Y/n) speaks." Mitsuya said laughing a bit.

"You guys are so noisy! I'll kill you all!!" Smiley said with the same smile from 12 years ago.

"Big bro, you're the noisiest now..." Angry said with a side glance at his brother.

"Come on now... Pah hasn't even finished talking." Draken said.

"You are all too mean to him... right, Takemitchy?" Chifuyu asked turning his head to his best friend.

"And now we cut the cake!"

"Tell em' who's boss Pah!" Peh shouted while standing up. "Come on, I wanna go get a picture of the cake." (Y/n) said as she pulled out her phone and taking a picture of Pah, his wife and the cake.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Why is it so noisy over at the table?! The main guy for today is me, isn't it?!" Pah shouted pointing over to Takemichi, Hina, Chifuyu and Draken.

Pah inherited his parents business. He's a rich guy. His bride seems to be a childhood friend.

Peh is as always, Pah's advisor.

Mitsuya is a rookie fashion designer. He's definitely going places!

Hakkai became a successful model working actively overseas and Yuzuha is Hakkai's manager.

The Kawata brothers own a ramen shop. Their shop name is of course "sugoaku".

Chifuyu owns a pet shop and Kazutora helps Chifuyu out with the shop.

(Y/n) is the most successful business woman in all of Japan and owns hotels, businesses and buildings all over the country.

Draken and Inupi own a bike shop together.

"Come on (Y/n). One dance?" Peh asked walking over (Y/n). "Alright, but no stepping on my toes this time, okay?" (Y/n) asked as she got up from her seat and walked with Peh out to the dance floor.

"By the way... where's Mikey?" Takemichi asked as (Y/n) and Peh headed out onto the dance floor.

"Mikey is currently running a restaurant over seas." Draken said. "His restaurant is a huge success! He really wanted to come over today, but he's busy and his work load held him back." Chifuyu said with a smile.

"Mikey really wanted to see you, Takemichi." Draken said with a smile as (Y/n) and Peh returned from the dance floor.

"Come on, your all so boring!" (Y/n) said and dragged everyone out onto the dance floor with her.

If this is the best possible future for most...?

What is the worst possible future for some...?