ch.18

Date: 5th of January 2018
Destination: Shibua hospital
_______________________________

"Thank you very much." You said as you signed the 'death cert' for Draken. "I'm so sorry for your loss." The nurse said and you bowed your head leaving the hospital.

Chifuyu, Pah, Peh, Emma, Hina, Hakkai, Mitsuya, Hanma, Smiley, Angry, Muto, Sanzu and now Draken. How many more are going to die?

Stepping out of the hospital, you realised it was raining so you put up the umbrella you were carrying to keep yourself dry.

"It's just not fair." You said looking up at the sky that was now full of stars. Walking through the streets that were now wet from the rain, you just stared down at the ground. All of your best friends have all been killed.

You just wanted to go back to when thing were happy. Back to when you didn't have a care in the world... back to when everyone was happy... back to when everyone was alive.

And here you are... walking through the city streets alone. What a loner right?

As you took out your phone to check the time, you saw that it was just a little past midnight. The roads were still quite busy with cars.

You walked for about 15 minutes until you came to 'our bridge'. Looking over the bridge, you saw that there was a lone firework that went off.

"Where did it all go wrong?" You asked yourself as you took out a photograph from your pocket and stared at the picture.

"(Y/n)?"

You turned around instantly to see who was talking to you when you saw a familiar face.

Standing in front of you was...Mikey...

"Mikey?" You asked with tears forming in your eyes. "Why are you here?" Mikey asked.

"I just needed a reminder. What are you doing?" You asked.

"Same as you then." Mikey said as he walked over to the edge of the bridge beside you and stared over the bridge.

"Then I'm leaving." You said walking away when Mikey grabbed my wrist to stop me.

"Please don't go." Mikey said.

"Don't you remember? We broke up..." You said.

"Yeah..." Mikey said and let go of your wrist and looked at the ground.

"So please... just leave me alone Mikey." You said walking out onto the road not hearing the sound of a car engine.

"(Y/n)!!" Mikey shouted as the car got closer and closer to me when you were suddenly hit by the in coming car.

All you remember... was the bright headlights coming right towards you and Mikeys shouts as he tries to push you out of the way of the car.

-Mikeys POV-

"(Y/n)!!" I shouted as the car got closer and closer to (Y/n). I ran to try and push her out of the way but... I was too late.

"(Y/n)!!!!" I shouted as I ran to her body which lay on the ground.

"Please... just stay with me." I begged as I picked up her body in my arms in the middle of the road.

"Jeez, still tied up with her?"

"Kisaki." I said as tears were streaming down my eyes as I looked at who the culprit was.

"When are you going to realise? You broke her heart and she didn't want you in the end." Kisaki said as he walked over to us.

"We agreed on this and said that (Y/n) had nothing to do with this!!!" I yelled and took out my gun pointing it right at Kisaki.

"Woah, put that thing away Mik-" Kisaki said as I shot a bullet from my gun and killed him instantly.

"It'll be okay (Y/n)... I can get you help." I said looking down at her face again but she wasn't moving...

Her (e/c) eyes were now pale and half closed, there was blood on her forehead from the impact of her hitting the ground. Her heart was beating but it was very faint and the rain fell softly on her body.

I picked up her body bridal style and ran with her to the hospital... they can help right? But wait, I've killed so many people that I care for... I'm a criminal now. If I'm caught in a hospital or a public place I'll be arrested immediately.

"M-Mikey...?"

"Hey... it'll be okay. I'll help you alright?" I asked as I ran back to my house.

"I'm glad I got to see you one last time..." (Y/n) said as she placed her hand on my cheek.

"Hey! You'll be able to see me after this too. Just stay awake alright?" I asked.

"Thank you... Mikey..." (Y/n) said and the hand that was on my cheek fell to her stomach. Her soft breathing and the slow rising and falling of her chest still gave me hope.

The sound of sirens were coming closer and closer. I turned around and saw the headlights from the cop cars.

"Shit." I said and continued to run with (Y/n)s body in my arms.

"Hey! Stop right there!"

I kept running down through alleyways and past buildings until I reached my old house. There were no lights on and the house was completely empty. Not a single soul...

I kicked open my bedroom door and tried to find something that could maybe help. I lay (Y/n) down on my bed as I rooted through my drawers to try and find something when the front door was burst open by the cops.

I looked over at (Y/n) who was laying on my bed. Feeling the air in the room get heavy, just like it did 12 years ago. I felt my heart break and I walked over to her.

"I'm so... sorry." I said and kissed her on the lips one last time. Placing a small photograph in her hand, I jumped out my bedroom window to get away from the cops.

While I ran, the tears that had formed in my eyes were still flowing as I ran away... I didn't want to leave her alone... but then again... I was the one who broke her heart.

I'm sorry (Y/n)... maybe in another life... things will work out for the both of us.

-[Y/n]s POV-

Hearing to steady sound of heart monitors woke me from my sleep.

"She's awake..." The nurse announced as I was surrounded by unfamiliar faces.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You got into an accident. You've been in a coma for a week." They said.

I noticed there was a television in the corner of the room.

"Could you turn it up please?" I asked as the volume on the TV went up.

"Breaking news just in... the killer Manjiro Sano who is responsible for the deaths of 14 people has been found murdered in the Philippines this morning. We'll bring you more coverage as this story goes on."

That's when I remembered. The events of what happened last week. Where I was struck down by a car... and Mikey was there...

Feeling the tears well up in my eyes. I looked at the picture of Mikey on the screen above and felt something in my hand.

Opening out my hand... I found the picture that the two of us took the day we decided 'to take over the world together.'

We both looked so happy back then and not a care in the world. I just want to go back... just one last time...
_______________________________

A/n: boom another plot twist... You and Mikey broke up? What happened? Why did you break up? Well... I'll leave that to you... As always, thank you for reading and i'll see you in the next chapter ❤️