ch.21

______________________________
22nd of February 2006
Destination: The Convenience store.
______________________________

"Hanma!! What do you mean?!" You asked running out to Hanma whos was starting up his motorcycle.

"Huh? mean by what?" Hanma asked turning off his engine to hear you better. "What you said in the shop... about Emma..." You said and Hanma took a deep sigh and closed his eyes. "Take this... were going for a ride." Hanma said handing you a helmet that you then slipped on your head and mounted Hanmas motorcycle with him.

"You forgot the buckle..." Hanma said and you looked at the undone buckle under your chin. "Sorry." You said as Hanma turned around and clicked the buckle together.

"Better..." Hanma said and revved the engine of his motorcycle scaring the shit out of you which then caused you to grab onto Hanmas waist for safety. "Ready?" Hanma asked and you nodded your head as Hanma lifted his foot from the ground.

"I've never been in Tokyo past midnight." You said looking around at the dim lights in shops and windows. "Really? You should come with me more often then." Hanma said. "I'd like that..." You said to Hanma as he turned off his motorcycle engine.

"Were here..." Hanma said helping me dismount his motorcycle. "Where are we?" You asked unbuckling the helmet and resting it under my arm and walking over to Hanma.

"Ever since Kisaki left Toman... he wanted to take everything away from Mikey since Mikey took everything away from him... love, power, everything. That's why he's doing the same to Mikey..." Hanma said. "What do you mean?" You asked.

"Listen... you have to swear that you tell no one right?" Hanma asked leaning in. "What?" You asked. "Kiskai is gonna get his hands dirty tomorrow. And he asked me to help..." Hanma said as the dawn began to break.

That's when it hit all hit you... all the dots had joined up in Kisakis favor... everyone's been playing into his hands this entire time... the incident on Halloween with Valhalla and Baji dying, Christmas when everyone got beaten up by the Black Dragons and now this?

"Hanma! Thank you!" You said and hugged Hanma. "Woah now... calm down. Jeez you women really get touchy huh?" Hanma asked as you pulled away from the hug. "I really appreciate this... thank you..." You said as you began to fear the worst for Emma.

"Hey...! I never told you anything." Hanma said putting his index finger to his lips. "Thanks so much." You said before running off to go and find Emma and Mikey. You should hate him right? He broke up with me... but my friends life is on the line...

Running through the city of Tokyo, you watched as all the stores began to open their doors and turn on their lights. As you looked around the streets, you saw as many people stared at you in utter confusion.

Pulling out your phone from your back pocket, you saw that it was just passed 7 in the morning. Shit... what if she's already gone?! What if Hanma's telling lies?! What if all of this is one big nightmare?!

Maybe your just tired... you haven't slept for nearly over a day and your running on pure adrenalin. Where even is Emma?

"The graves!" You shouted to myself as you continued to run through the streets of Tokyo. You felt so stupid... shouting that early in the middle of Tokyo while running like a mad woman.

Your breathing grew shaky as you got closer and closer to the graves. Hearing the sound of a motorcycle engine revving made tears form at the brinks of my eyes. "Emma!!" You shouted seeing her with two cans of drink in her hands.

"Huh?" Emma asked. "Kisaki!!" Takemichi shouted as you placed my hands on my knees trying to catch my breath. "Move Emma!!" You shouted as Kisaki swung the bat at Emma's head and she fell to the ground.

"Emma!!" You shouted running towards her body which lay lifeless on the ground. "Emma...?" Takemichi asked and came over to the two of us. You picked up Emma and held her in your arms as tears were streaming down your cheeks

"Emma!" You said as tears began to roll down my cheeks. "Emma please wake up... Emma!!" Takemichi said as tears rolled down his cheeks.

Hearing the soft sound of footsteps approaching... you didn't look up to see who it was, you only looked down at the lifeless face of your friend as your tears fell on her face.

"Emma?"

"Mikey? I'm sorry..." Takemichi said standing up to talk to Mikey. "What happened?" Mikey asked. "A bike suddenly came and hit Emma..." Takemichi said.

"Huh?" Mikey asked. "It was Kisaki... (Y/n) came and tried to warn Emma but it was too late..." Takemichi said as Mikey took off his white coat that  was over his Toman uniform.

"(Y/n)! Takemitchy! Get her up here." Mikey said and you helped Takemichi pick up Emma and lift her onto Mikeys back.

Mikey began to walk away with Emma and Takemichi followed closely behind. Picking up Mikey's coat from the ground, you decided to go with them.

"(Y/n)!"

"Huh?" I asked turning around to see a guy with white hair and purple eyes. "So that's your name... (Y/n) right?" He asked.

"How do you know my name?" You asked looking over at him. "Your close with Mikey huh?" He asked and you looked down at the ground.

"I'm sorry... but I have to go." You said and turned in the direction after Mikey and Takemichi when the man with white hair and purple eyes grabbed your hand.

"Tell me... what did Hanma tell you last night?" Izana asked. "I-I don't know... but I have to leave." You said and began to run in the direction of the hospital to catch up to Mikey and Takemichi.

"Don't worry Emma, we'll be reaching the hospital soon." Mikey said as you caught up with the three of them. "...Mikey..." Emma said waking up.

"Huh? I cant... move my body." Emma said. "Oh yeah... there was... a bike... do you still remember? When you were five and were always chasing me. Until one day you fell from the monkey bars and broke your leg... it's been a while... since I last carried you on my back like this..." Mikey said as we walked to the hospital which was now coming into view.

"Hey..." Emma said. "Yeah?" Mikey asked. "If anything happens to me..." Emma said before Mikey cut her off. "You idiot... you'll be fine." Mikey said.

"Please tell Draken... 'I love you Draken'."

"Tell him that yourself..." Mikey said.

"Takemichi..." Emma said. "Yeah?" Takemichi asked going closer.

"Please... take care of Mikey okay?" Emma asked as her grip around Mikeys shoulders loosened.

______________________________

A/n: I am so very sorry for this chapter... I've spent hours and days contemplating whether or not to do it but... the deed is done...